- Drake University co-sponsors event on substance abuse and mental health
August 29, 2014
In collaboration with UnityPoint Health, Drake University is hosting a panel discussion, “Young People, Substance Abuse and Mental Health: Recognizing the effects of marijuana and other drugs on tomorrow’s leaders.”
- Laura Vollmer wins 2014 Next-Generation Future Pharmacist Award
August 28, 2014
Laura Vollmer, 2015 Pharm.D. candidate at Drake University, is the winner of the Parata-Pharmacy Times Next Generation Future Pharmacist Award, as announced during the awards ceremony held in Boston on August 24, 2014.
- Rika Uchida, piano, hosts faculty recital in collaboration with Misook Yun, soprano
August 27, 2014
Rika Uchida, associate professor of piano and theory at Drake University, will give a faculty recital with guest artist Misook Yun, soprano and professor of voice at Youngstown State University, on Friday, Sept. 5 at 7:30 p.m. at Drake University.
- Drake offers public meditation workshop
August 21, 2014
The Comparison Project at Drake University will kick off its 2014–2015 programming with a meditation workshop on Saturday, Sept. 6 from 9 a.m.–noon.
DU in the News
- At Peabody Essex, 300 Years of Indian Chintzes
August 29, 2014 - The New York Times
Fall exhibition in Manhattan will feature work by Phil Chen, professor of art and design.
- Supreme Court gets input on changing bar exam rule
August 28, 2014 - Associated Press
Ben Ullem, dean of the Drake University Law School, discusses diploma privilege and how allowing Iowa law graduates to practice without taking the bar exam would help students pay off debt more quickly.
- Can higher education reinvent our ‘paralyzed and dysfunctional’ democratic process?
August 26, 2014 - The Hechinger Report
Drake University President David Maxwell co-authors this op-ed on how institutions of higher education can prepare students — and society at large — for productive civic engagement and find remedies for our gridlocked political environment.
- GOP travel itineraries offer clues to 2016 White House field
August 25, 2014 - The Washington Times
Dennis Goldford, professor of politics and international relations at Drake University, comments on the campaign activity in Iowa.
- Living on campus is worth moving day
August 25, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Craig Owens, associate professor of English and director of the Center for Humanities at Drake University, discusses why living on-campus is worth the hassle of moving.
- 'Mr. Drake' Paul Morrison enters Register sports hall
August 22, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Drake University’s beloved Paul Morrison is featured in a profile piece in the Des Moines Register.
Faculty & Staff
- Renae Chesnut receives national 2014 Lambda Kappa Sigma Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award
July 31, 2014
Renae Chesnut, professor of pharmacy practice and associate dean for academic and student affairs at Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, was awarded Lambda Kappa Sigma’s (LKS) Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award.
- Jennifer Perrine lands Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry
July 29, 2014
Jennifer Perrine, associate professor of English at Drake University, was awarded the 2014 Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry for her manuscript, No Confession, No Mass.
- Drake Law professor provides analysis of new copyright bill in Hong Kong Legislative Council
July 28, 2014
On July 26, Peter K. Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law and the director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake University Law School, provided a detailed analysis of the Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2014 in the Hong Kong Legislative Council.
- Cherié Moen awarded scholarship to attend educational forum in Wisconsin
July 23, 2014
The Foundation of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) recently awarded a scholarship to Cherié Moen, administrative assistant to Drake University Provost Deneese Jones, to attend the Education Forum and Annual Meeting (EFAM) 2014 in Milwaukee.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu