- Fischer shatters 39-year-old track record, set before the Blue Oval was blue
April 27, 2017
When Drake senior Reed Fischer crossed the finish line at the Drake Relays presented by Hy-Vee on Thursday, he broke a school record that has stood since long before Drake’s famed Blue Oval was blue.
- Seeking: Iowans with exceptional character
April 27, 2017
The Robert D. and Billie Ray Center is accepting nominations until May 9 for the Iowa Character Awards, which annually recognize individuals, organizations, and communities who demonstrate good character.
- Drake students, organizations earn state awards for community impact
April 26, 2017
Iowa Campus Compact honored several members of the Drake community today when they announced the winners of this year’s Engaged Campus Awards.
- Mixed-use development will feature views of iconic Old Main
April 26, 2017
Drake University has agreed to sell two parcels of University-owned land to Nelson Construction & Development, which plans to build a hotel, market-rate apartments, and urban-style row houses on the site.
DU in the News
- Apple Watch for diabetics won't hit the market soon
April 24, 2017 -
June Johnson, professor of pharmacy practice, discusses upcoming technological advances that may bring comfort and convenience to millions of Americans with diabetes.
- 2017 Best & Worst States for Doctors
March 31, 2017 - WalletHub
Denise Hill, director of the Health Law Program at Drake University Law School, shares some of her favorite tips for current medical students who are considering where to work.
- Furman's Niko Medved accepts Drake head coaching position
March 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has hired Niko Medved, former head coach at Furman University, to lead the men's basketball team.
- Lizzy Wendell’s evolution on the court has keyed Drake’s rise
March 17, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
All eyes are on Drake women's basketball, which won the MVC Tournament on the heels of a 22-game winning streak and a perfect 18–0 conference record, and is headed to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.
- These Drake students published a book on Des Moines' faith traditions
February 24, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
The Des Moines Register columnist Daniel Finney spoke with Drake J-Term students about their experience with researching, writing, designing, editing, promoting, and publishing a book on Des Moines' religious diversity.
- The most important thing to remember ahead of the inauguration
January 25, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake alumna Lauren Ehrler, a producer at The Des Moines Register, shares lessons from a Drake January Term trip to witness the U.S. Presidential inauguration in 2013.
Faculty & Staff
- Drake CPHS issues faculty, alumni, and student awards
March 28, 2017
Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) recently issued awards to faculty, alumni, and students, for outstanding mentorship, scholarship, professional involvement and leadership, and teaching.
- Drake's Sig Ep chapter, adviser win regional awards
March 20, 2017
Associate Professor Debra Bishop received a regional award for her work as faculty adviser to Drake’s Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity chapter. The chapter and its members also received awards.
- Senchina co-authors article for influential sports science journal
March 10, 2017
David Senchina, associate professor of biology, recently co-authored a consensus statement on the relationship between exercise, nutrition, and the immune system for the journal Exercise Immunology Review, one of the top journals in the category of sports science.
- Super Bowl LI and Professor Edrington? You bet!
February 23, 2017
Alumni flocked back to campus for a chance to analyze the biggest advertising game of the year—and go back to class with their favorite associate professor of marketing.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu