- Drake signs agreement with three HBCUs for law, pharmacy enrollment
May 15, 2017
Graduates of three Historically Black Colleges and Universities will be guaranteed scholarships upon admission to Drake's law and pharmacy programs as part of an ongoing effort to increase diversity among Drake’s student body.
- Drake SJMC earns reaccreditation by unanimous vote
May 12, 2017
The Drake University School of Journalism and Mass Communication has been reaccredited by a unanimous vote of the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
- Report: Drake University generates $413 million in consumer spending
May 11, 2017
A new study demonstrates the substantial impact of Drake University and its alumni on the central Iowa economy. Drake students, faculty, staff, and visitors drive more than $413 million in consumer spending annually in the greater Des Moines area.
- Ullem, Zimpleman to receive honorary degrees during Drake commencement
May 9, 2017
Drake University will award 1,199 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees at its 2017 commencement ceremonies. A highlight of the undergraduate ceremony will be the presentation of honorary degrees to Benjamin B. Ullem and Larry D. Zimpleman.
DU in the News
- Drake students set up little pantries for neighbors in need
May 9, 2017 - ABC-5 Des Moines
Drake students are installing 10 little free food pantries this year to help address hunger in the Drake Neighborhood.
- Apple Watch for diabetics won't hit the market soon
April 24, 2017 -
June Johnson, professor of pharmacy practice, discusses upcoming technological advances that may bring comfort and convenience to millions of Americans with diabetes.
- 2017 Best & Worst States for Doctors
March 31, 2017 - WalletHub
Denise Hill, director of the Health Law Program at Drake University Law School, shares some of her favorite tips for current medical students who are considering where to work.
- Furman's Niko Medved accepts Drake head coaching position
March 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has hired Niko Medved, former head coach at Furman University, to lead the men's basketball team.
- Lizzy Wendell’s evolution on the court has keyed Drake’s rise
March 17, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
All eyes are on Drake women's basketball, which won the MVC Tournament on the heels of a 22-game winning streak and a perfect 18–0 conference record, and is headed to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.
- These Drake students published a book on Des Moines' faith traditions
February 24, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
The Des Moines Register columnist Daniel Finney spoke with Drake J-Term students about their experience with researching, writing, designing, editing, promoting, and publishing a book on Des Moines' religious diversity.
Faculty & Staff
- Konfrst: Why customer loyalty can help your company in a crisis
May 18, 2017
Bill Gates once wrote, "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." If this is true, there have been plenty of teachers in recent months.
- Parker named dean of students at Drake University
May 16, 2017
Provost Sue Mattison has appointed Jerry Parker to the position of dean of students at Drake University.
- Drake CBPA honors faculty, students, and alumni during 2017 awards ceremony
May 5, 2017
Drake's College of Business and Public Administration honored the accomplishments of students, faculty, and alumni with an awards ceremony on April 19.
- Drake CPHS issues faculty, alumni, and student awards
March 28, 2017
Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) recently issued awards to faculty, alumni, and students, for outstanding mentorship, scholarship, professional involvement and leadership, and teaching.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu