- Drake hires neighborhood and community relations manager
July 22, 2016
Drake University took a powerful step this summer in renewing its commitment to the growth and development of the Drake Neighborhood when University officials hired Drake alumnus Nick Valdez to the position of Neighborhood and Community Relations Manager.
- Ambassador Darci Vetter to speak at Drake University
July 20, 2016
Members of the public are invited to a free talk by Drake University alumna Darci Vetter, chief agricultural negotiator for the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, on July 27.
- Drake University issues RFP for development along University Avenue
July 18, 2016
Marking a renewed commitment to the growth and development of the Drake Neighborhood, Drake University announced today that it is seeking proposals from a pre-determined group of eleven Iowa firms to develop a plot of University-owned land along University Avenue in Des Moines.
- Maki named Health-System Pharmacist of the Year
July 8, 2016
The Iowa Pharmacy Association recently honored Drake University Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice Erik Maki with the association’s 2016 Health-System Pharmacist of the Year Award.
DU in the News
- 19-Year-Old Republican Heading to Cleveland
July 20, 2016 - The Atlantic
Drake University student Westhenry Ioerger is attending the Republican party’s national convention as an alternate delegate.
- No, it's not a crime to share your Netflix password
July 14, 2016 - The Des Moines Register
Is it really a federal crime to share your Netflix password? "Highly unlikely," says Shontavia Johnson, director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake University Law School.
- What's 'Pokemon Go' and why are Iowans in love with it?
July 12, 2016 - WHO-TV
Matthew Mitchell, assistant professor of international business, says Pokémon Go is the latest in a long string of innovative and interactive experiences from Nintendo.
- Local Radio Host Shares Infant Granddaughter’s Battle With Dangerous Mosquito Virus
July 5, 2016 - WHO TV
Geoff Wall , professor of pharmacy practice at Drake University, spoke with WHO-TV about the West Nile virus.
- Support legislation for medically underserved towns
July 5, 2016 - The Des Moines Register
Pharmacy student Taylor Monson wrote a letter to the editor about the need for access to health care in rural Iowa.
- Online classes? Nights? What to consider before starting school.
June 8, 2016 - The Des Moines Register
Drake's new hybrid MBA program offers more flexibility to adult students who work full-time jobs and have other family and personal commitments.
Faculty & Staff
- CBPA Dean Terri Vaughan named key influencer in the insurance industry
July 22, 2016
Terri Vaughan, dean of the Drake University College of Business and Public Administration, recently was listed among the most influential people in the insurance industry.
- CPHS professor elected to APhA-APPM
June 9, 2016
The American Pharmacists Association(APhA) Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM) announced the results of its recent elections. Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice Wendy Mobley-Bukstein PharmD, BCACP, CDE, who teaches in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Drake University, was among the elected officers. Mobley-Buckstein received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Drake University […]
- Professor Deb Bishop furthers global connections through sabbatical in Uganda
May 31, 2016
A seven-week sabbatical in Uganda helped Deb Bishop develop several projects she's been working on during a decade of shorter, annual visits to the country.
- Jolliffe serves as Journalism History's first guest editor
May 18, 2016
Lee Jolliffe, associate professor of journalism, was the first-ever guest editor of Journalism History.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu