- Drake University’s accreditation reaffirmed by the Higher Learning Commission
February 22, 2018
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) has publicly reaffirmed accreditation of Drake University for an additional 10 years.
- The Comparison Project hosts lecture on miracles and naturalism
February 22, 2018
Mark Harris, senior lecturer in science and religion at the University of Edinburgh, will deliver a free public lecture at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 8, in Drake's Olmsted Center.
- Wayne Ford donates political papers to Drake University
February 21, 2018
Wayne Ford, a pioneering Iowa elected official and nonprofit leader who has dedicated his life to improving the lives of Iowa’s diverse population, will donate his historical papers and materials to Drake University.
- Drake University is a top producer of Fulbright Scholars for 2017-2018
February 19, 2018
Drake University is proud to once again be recognized among the nation’s top producers of Fulbright Scholars and Students.
DU in the News
- Tips for administering medicine to children
December 11, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Professor Edward Bell, author of the new book "Children's Medicines: What Every Parent, Grandparent, and Teacher Needs to Know," shares tips on safely and effectively administering medication to kids.
November 6, 2017 - DSM Magazine
Finance major McKenna Haase applies her studies to a career as a champion sprint car driver. She's a fan favorite and manages all her own sponsorships.
- Opioid prescriptions should be ordered with more care, state says
October 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds hosted “Identify, Prevent, Recover: Combating Opioids in Iowa” in Drake University’s Sussman Theater.
- Des Moines Public Schools, Drake University partner to launch student immigrant podcast series
August 11, 2017 - WHO-TV
A new project at Drake University teaches 13 Des Moines high school students to produce a three-podcast series about the immigrant and refugee experience.
- Drake partners with 3 HBCUs for law, pharmacy programs
June 1, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has partnered with three historically black universities to provide guaranteed scholarships to their graduates upon admission to Drake’s law and pharmacy programs.
- Drake students set up little pantries for neighbors in need
May 9, 2017 - ABC-5 Des Moines
Drake students are installing 10 little free food pantries this year to help address hunger in the Drake Neighborhood.
Faculty & Staff
- Roth publishes book on neuroscience's role in American legal system
December 18, 2017
Martin Roth, associate professor of philosophy at Drake University, recently published Philosophical Foundations of Neurolaw, which discusses neuroscience and the role it can play in the American legal system.
- Mori receives Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award
December 15, 2017
Associate Professor of Music Akira Mori received the Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award during the Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit (IES) on Nov. 18.
- City bus to feature art by Associate Professor Ben Gardner
December 1, 2017
A city bus in the Des Moines Area Regional Transit (DART) system will be wrapped in the artwork of Benjamin Gardner, Drake University associate professor and department chair of art and design.
- Kent receives state award for innovation in education
November 17, 2017
Deborah Kent, associate professor of mathematics at Drake University, won a state award for innovation in STEM education.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu