- Zenith Chamber Music Festival set for August 15-19
June 23, 2017
The 2017 Zenith Chamber Music Festival is set for Aug. 15-19 with free chamber performances by local and international artists in some of central Iowa’s most attractive venues.
- Former Drake Legal Clinic director to lead Iowa Department of Human Services
June 14, 2017
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds today appointed Drake University Law School Professor Jerry Foxhoven as director of the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Young African leaders, visiting Drake this summer, have already changed lives
June 12, 2017
The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders brings 25 young professionals to Drake's campus who have already changed thousands of lives in their home countries.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony for Occupational Therapy building set for June 16
June 12, 2017
Drake University will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Occupational Therapy building, a newly renovated facility that serves as a hub for Drake’s year-old occupational therapy doctorate (OTD) program and a resource for community members in need of assistance with physical and cognitive challenges.
DU in the News
- Drake partners with 3 HBCUs for law, pharmacy programs
June 1, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has partnered with three historically black universities to provide guaranteed scholarships to their graduates upon admission to Drake’s law and pharmacy programs.
- Drake students set up little pantries for neighbors in need
May 9, 2017 - ABC-5 Des Moines
Drake students are installing 10 little free food pantries this year to help address hunger in the Drake Neighborhood.
- Apple Watch for diabetics won't hit the market soon
April 24, 2017 -
June Johnson, professor of pharmacy practice, discusses upcoming technological advances that may bring comfort and convenience to millions of Americans with diabetes.
- 2017 Best & Worst States for Doctors
March 31, 2017 - WalletHub
Denise Hill, director of the Health Law Program at Drake University Law School, shares some of her favorite tips for current medical students who are considering where to work.
- Furman's Niko Medved accepts Drake head coaching position
March 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has hired Niko Medved, former head coach at Furman University, to lead the men's basketball team.
- Lizzy Wendell’s evolution on the court has keyed Drake’s rise
March 17, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
All eyes are on Drake women's basketball, which won the MVC Tournament on the heels of a 22-game winning streak and a perfect 18–0 conference record, and is headed to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.
Faculty & Staff
- Erin Lain receives 2017 Gertrude Rush Award
June 20, 2017
Erin Lain, associate provost for campus equity and inclusion, received the 2017 Gertrude Rush Award from the Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys (IOWA) and the Iowa Chapter of the National Bar Association.
- West co-organizes 20th anniversary symposium of Catharine Maria Sedgwick Society
June 19, 2017
Lisa West, associate professor of English, co-organized the 20th anniversary symposium of the Catharine Maria Sedgwick Society, one of the first literary author societies to focus on the recovery of early American writings by prominent women writers of the 19th century.
- Huey named a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine
June 19, 2017
Kim Huey, associate professor of health sciences, recently was named a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Faculty art exhibition explores invasive qualities of surveillance
June 6, 2017
Edward Kelley, a 3D design instructor and studio assistant in Drake University’s Department of Art and Design, has been selected for an exhibition at Art League Houston in Houston, TX.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu