- Drake recognized for outstanding student voting rate in the 2016 election
December 8, 2017
After a campaign season brimming with politicians and pundits, Drake students cast their votes at an exceptionally high rate in the 2016 presidential election.
- Three sophomores receive NASA scholarships
December 8, 2017
Three Drake University sophomores received a NASA merit scholarship from the Iowa Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) for the spring 2018 academic semester.
- Drake’s 143rd commencement features nearly 70 Des Moines teachers
December 7, 2017
Drake University will hold a commencement ceremony this month to celebrate the accomplishments of 325 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students who completed their degree requirements as of the conclusion fall 2017 semester.
- Campus Compact and Principal select two Drake students for second year of Community Scholars Program
December 7, 2017
Drake students Jazlin Coley and Maddy Stokes were selected for the 2018 class of the Principal Community Scholars Program.
DU in the News
- Tips for administering medicine to children
December 11, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Professor Edward Bell, author of the new book "Children's Medicines: What Every Parent, Grandparent, and Teacher Needs to Know," shares tips on safely and effectively administering medication to kids.
November 6, 2017 - DSM Magazine
Finance major McKenna Haase applies her studies to a career as a champion sprint car driver. She's a fan favorite and manages all her own sponsorships.
- Opioid prescriptions should be ordered with more care, state says
October 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds hosted “Identify, Prevent, Recover: Combating Opioids in Iowa” in Drake University’s Sussman Theater.
- Des Moines Public Schools, Drake University partner to launch student immigrant podcast series
August 11, 2017 - WHO-TV
A new project at Drake University teaches 13 Des Moines high school students to produce a three-podcast series about the immigrant and refugee experience.
- Drake partners with 3 HBCUs for law, pharmacy programs
June 1, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has partnered with three historically black universities to provide guaranteed scholarships to their graduates upon admission to Drake’s law and pharmacy programs.
- Drake students set up little pantries for neighbors in need
May 9, 2017 - ABC-5 Des Moines
Drake students are installing 10 little free food pantries this year to help address hunger in the Drake Neighborhood.
Faculty & Staff
- City bus to feature art by Associate Professor Ben Gardner
December 1, 2017
A city bus in the Des Moines Area Regional Transit (DART) system will be wrapped in the artwork of Benjamin Gardner, Drake University associate professor and department chair of art and design.
- Kent receives state award for innovation in education
November 17, 2017
Deborah Kent, associate professor of mathematics at Drake University, won a state award for innovation in STEM education.
- Chibnall named president-elect of Iowa Library Association
November 16, 2017
Dan Chibnall, STEM Librarian at Drake University, recently was elected as the Vice President/President-Elect for the Iowa Library Association.
- Which medicines are safe and effective for children? Professor's new book has the answers.
November 14, 2017
A new book by Edward Bell, professor of pharmacy practice, answers parents’ most common questions about the safety and effectiveness of medicines for children.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu