- Graduate students and faculty recognized at CBPA awards ceremony
May 20, 2015
Drake’s College of Business and Public Administration held its Graduate Student of the Year awards ceremony at West End Architectural Salvage on May 7, 2015. The college recognized four graduate students and one faculty member at the event.
- Drake University mourns loss of former President Michael "Mick" Ferrari
May 18, 2015
Michael Ferrari, who served as president of Drake University from 1985 to 1998, died on the evening of May 15. He was 75 years old.
- Renae Chesnut named interim dean of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
May 15, 2015
Renae Chesnut, associate dean of Academic and Student Affairs since 2004, has been promoted to serve as interim dean of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) effective June 18, 2015.
- Adult Literacy Center Volunteer Training May 29-30
May 13, 2015
The Adult Literacy Center at Drake University is seeking volunteer tutors to help adults achieve basic literacy (reading, writing and/or speaking) skills. Training sessions will be held May 29-30.
DU in the News
- Why Jeb's massive warchest didn't scare his rivals
May 26, 2015 - Newsweek
If Jeb Bush fails to secure the Republican presidential nomination, super PACs will be a major reason why, says Associate Professor of Law Anthony Gaughan.
- Clinton's full embrace of immigration
May 26, 2015 - MSNBC
Political science professor Dennis Goldford says Hillary Clinton's broad support for immigration may be perceived negatively by some Iowa voters.
- Drake management class unveils designs for revitalizing downtown Perry
May 14, 2015 - The Perry News
Drake University management students presented their visions for filling the vacant buildings in Perry’s retail district last week to officials from the city of Perry. The presentations were the first installments in a new collaboration among the city of Perry, Drake University and the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
- The role of public opinion in the Supreme Court decision on marriage legality
May 6, 2015 - The Conversation
Jennifer Harvey, professor of religion, examines the role public opinion plays as the U.S. Supreme Court weighs the legality of same-sex marriage.
- What are performance reviews really about? 'Enough about you. Let's talk about me.'
May 5, 2015 - Fortune
Personal bias has an enormous influence on the outcome of performance reviews, according to intriguing research by Steve Scullen, professor of management.
- Higher Ed + Service Year = Community and Economic Development
April 29, 2015 - The Huffington Post
Mandi McReynolds, director of community engagement and service-learning, explains how institutions of higher education play a unique role in shaping social and economic development in our communities.
Faculty & Staff
- Professor's work featured in bestselling "Ladies of Letterpress" book
May 8, 2015
Sarah McCoy, assistant professor of graphic design, has had her letter press and design work featured in "Ladies of Letterpress: A Gallery of Prints," a new bestselling book by the Princeton Architectural Press.
- Drake biology professor revises book on Iowa wildflowers
May 8, 2015
Thomas Rosburg, professor and chair of biology, recently published the 2014 revised edition of the popular wetland book Wildflowers and Other Plants of Iowa Wetlands.
- Drake Law Professor to Discuss Global Drug Procurement at Harvard Medical School Conference
April 14, 2015
Peter K. Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law and the director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake University Law School, will discuss international cooperation on drug procurement and supply at a Harvard Medical School conference.
- Drake professor’s documentary to screen alongside Smithsonian Institution exhibition on immigration in the U.S.
April 2, 2015
A documentary film co-produced by Drake University English Professor Jody Swilky will be screened in Iowa in conjunction with a traveling Smithsonian Institution exhibition on immigration.