- Drake CPHS honors four alumni
February 24, 2017
Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences honored four outstanding alumni during a ceremony held Thursday, Feb. 23, in Sheslow Auditorium.
- Survey: 99 percent of recent Drake grads found professional success
February 23, 2017
New data affirms that Drake University does an exceptional job of preparing its alumni for professional success.
- Hundreds of students to participate in Pharmacy and Health Sciences Day
February 22, 2017
Hundreds of current and prospective students in the Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) will participate in a day of activity examining the changing nature of U.S. health care policy.
- Student-directed theatre productions open at Drake this week
February 21, 2017
The Drake University Theatre Department opens the spring semester with two student-directed shows with dark themes, running Feb. 23-26.
DU in the News
- These Drake students published a book on Des Moines' faith traditions
February 24, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
The Des Moines Register columnist Daniel Finney spoke with Drake J-Term students about their experience with researching, writing, designing, editing, promoting, and publishing a book on Des Moines' religious diversity.
- The most important thing to remember ahead of the inauguration
January 25, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake alumna Lauren Ehrler, a producer at The Des Moines Register, shares lessons from a Drake January Term trip to witness the U.S. Presidential inauguration in 2013.
- She got 24 years for her boyfriend's meth. Even her sentencing judge supports clemency.
November 30, 2016 - The Washington Post
Associate prof. William Garriott contrasts law enforcement approaches to policing methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana. Garriott has written a book on meth enforcement.
- For small electronics business, Black Friday just another day
November 29, 2016 - WHO-TV
Matthew Mitchell, associate professor of international business, explains how small businesses provide customer value on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Thrifty White’s Feldman spots a problem
November 21, 2016 - Pharmacy Today
Anne Feldman, a 2016 graduate of the Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, advocates for federal changes that would allow pharmacists to provide enhanced patient care.
- Studying ethics, 'Star Trek' style, at Drake
November 11, 2016 - The Des Moines Register
Students in a First-Year Seminar at Drake University are studying ethics through the lens of "Star Trek." Drake alumnus Daniel Finney, a columnist for The Des Moines Register, has the story.
Faculty & Staff
- Brown explores "American Autobiography after 9/11"
January 10, 2017
A new book by Associate Professor of English Megan Brown explores the myriad developments in American autobiography since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Skidmore co-authors "International Political Economy" textbook
December 22, 2016
David Skidmore, professor of political science, is co-author of a new textbook called International Political Economy: The Struggle for Power and Wealth in a Globalizing World.
- Adkins co-authors paper for AMA journal
December 2, 2016
Natalie Ross Adkins, associate professor of marketing at Drake University, is co-author of a recent paper that explores how stakeholders in the marketplace can be the source and target of stigma.
- Q&A with Joan Faber McAlister, recipient of the 2016 Francine Merritt Award
November 21, 2016
Joan Faber McAlister, associate professor of rhetoric, media, and social change, has been selected to receive the 2016 Francine Merritt Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Lives of Women in Communication.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu