- Zen Buddhist scholar to discuss the ineffable as part of The Comparison Project
September 12, 2014
Gereon Kopf, associate professor of religion at Luther College, will deliver a lecture titled “When Expression is Expressed, Non-Expression is Not-Expressed: A Zen Buddhist Approach to Talking About the Ineffable” as part of The Comparison Project’s fall 2014 programming.
- Drake University welcomed into CFA Institute University Recognition Program
September 12, 2014
The Drake University College of Business and Public Administration (CBPA) is the most recent university to be welcomed into the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Recognition Program.
- Constitution Day to discuss racial discrimination on 60th Anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education
September 10, 2014
Angela Onwuachi-Willig, Charles and Marion Kierscht Professor of Law at the University of Iowa, will serve as the 2014 Constitution Day speaker at Drake University on Sept. 15. Her public lecture, “Re-Articulating the Harm of Discrimination: An Examination of Brown v. Board of Education at 60,” will be held at 3 p.m. in Drake University’s Sussman Theater.
- Drake University ranks third in U.S. News & World Report 2015 rankings
September 9, 2014
For the fifth consecutive year, Drake University has maintained its overall ranking as third among Midwest master's universities in the U.S. News Best Colleges 2015 rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report magazine. Only 11 of the nation’s 620 master’s institutions had a higher peer-generated ranking for academic quality. "As prospective students and […]
DU in the News
- Changing the Mission of College Athletics
September 12, 2014 - Iowa Public Radio
Sandy Hatfield-Clubb and Craig Owens discuss how Drake is bringing the locker room into the classroom—the Bulldog way.
- Obama vows to destroy jihadists
September 11, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Mahmoud Hamad, associate professor of politics at Drake University, comments on President Obama's speech.
- How helicopter parents are ruining college students
September 4, 2014 - Washington Post
Drake senior Abbey Barrow (and her parents) are featured in this Washington Post article, discussing the do's and don'ts of parenting a college student.
- At Peabody Essex, 300 Years of Indian Chintzes
August 29, 2014 - The New York Times
Fall exhibition in Manhattan will feature work by Phil Chen, professor of art and design.
- Supreme Court gets input on changing bar exam rule
August 28, 2014 - Associated Press
Ben Ullem, dean of the Drake University Law School, discusses diploma privilege and how allowing Iowa law graduates to practice without taking the bar exam would help students pay off debt more quickly.
- Can higher education reinvent our ‘paralyzed and dysfunctional’ democratic process?
August 26, 2014 - The Hechinger Report
Drake University President David Maxwell co-authors this op-ed on how institutions of higher education can prepare students — and society at large — for productive civic engagement and find remedies for our gridlocked political environment.
Faculty & Staff
- Mahmoud Hamad selected as Al-Jazeera contributor
September 12, 2014
Mahmoud Hamad, associate professor of politics at Drake University, spent the month of July commenting on news in the Middle East and U.S.-Arab relations for both Al-Jazeera and Al-Jazzera English.
- Renae Chesnut receives national 2014 Lambda Kappa Sigma Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award
July 31, 2014
Renae Chesnut, professor of pharmacy practice and associate dean for academic and student affairs at Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, was awarded Lambda Kappa Sigma’s (LKS) Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award.
- Jennifer Perrine lands Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry
July 29, 2014
Jennifer Perrine, associate professor of English at Drake University, was awarded the 2014 Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry for her manuscript, No Confession, No Mass.
- Drake Law professor provides analysis of new copyright bill in Hong Kong Legislative Council
July 28, 2014
On July 26, Peter K. Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law and the director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake University Law School, provided a detailed analysis of the Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2014 in the Hong Kong Legislative Council.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu