- Chopin Competition winner to headline inaugural Jordan Concert Series performance
March 3, 2015
Drake University is proud to present the inaugural performance of the Jordan Concert Series featuring American pianist Edward Auer and his wife, Junghwa Moon Auer. The concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 9, in Sheslow Auditorium and is free and open to the public.
- Drake, Principal, DuPont experts to discuss “Doing Business Across Cultures”
March 2, 2015
The Principal Financial Group Center for Global Citizenship (PFGCGC) will host “Doing Business Across Cultures” on Thursday, March 5, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Aliber Hall 101.
- 44th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition opens March 8
February 26, 2015
The Anderson Gallery is excited to announce the opening of an exhibition of student worksthat has been an annual tradition for the department of art for over four decades. The 44th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition at Drake University will open next weekend on Sunday, March 8, in the Anderson Gallery within the Harmon Fine Arts […]
- Drake Law announces part-time/evening J.D. and M.J. programs
February 26, 2015
Drake Law School will offer evening courses for the Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Master of Jurisprudence (M.J.) programs, beginning in the Fall 2015 semester. The addition of evening courses will allow greater flexibility for individuals who wish to pursue a law degree while continuing to work or juggling multiple priorities. Drake Law School Dean Ben […]
DU in the News
- Elevating the discussion on mental health in Iowa
March 3, 2015 - The Des Moines Register
Jerry Foxhoven, professor of the Drake Legal Clinic, says a proposal to close two mental health facilities in Iowa would create efficiencies that boost quality and accessibility of state services.
- Top 10 FAFSA Myths Debunked
December 4, 2014 - NerdWallet
Colleges have never offered so much of their resources for financial aid—but to qualify you first have to apply, says Tom Delahunt, vice president for admission and student financial planning.
- Free citizenship courses available online for Iowa schools
December 4, 2014 - Radio Iowa
Character Counts Iowa, an organization based at Drake University, helped finance a project to offer citizenship classes in Iowa middle schools and high schools.
- Drake Student Hits Half-Court Shot, Wins Truck [VIDEO]
November 5, 2014 - ESPN
Bulldog Madness began in full force on Nov. 4 when a first-year student buried a miraculous half-court shot to win a brand new truck.
- Iowa doctor discusses ebola quarantine [Video]
October 30, 2014 - WHO-TV
Dr. Allen Zagoren of Drake and UnityPoint Health discusses the use of quarantines to control the spread of illness.
- Gay marriage: Will Supreme Court drive angry voters to polls?
October 9, 2014 - Christian Science Monitor
Dennis Goldford, professor of politics and international relations, says Iowa Republicans planned to go to the polls even before the Supreme Court declined to review gay marriage cases.
Faculty & Staff
- CPHS dean receives national awards for leadership
February 23, 2015
Wendy Duncan, dean of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has recently received multiple awards for her influence and leadership in the fields of healthcare and higher education. In honor of the 250th anniversary of the city’s founding, the St. Louis Branch of American Association of University Women named Duncan as one of 250 […]
- Valdovinos named fellow of American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
January 20, 2015
Maria Valdovinos, associate professor of psychology at Drake University, has been promoted to fellow of the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD).
- Hamad Interviewed By Arabic-Language News Agency Alhurra
January 6, 2015
Mahmoud Hamad, assistant professor of politics, gave an extended interview to Alhurra, a United States-based Arabic-language television network.
- Yu Discusses Intellectual Property Reforms in Finnish Ambassador's Residence in Beijing
January 6, 2015
Peter K. Yu, director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake Law School, delivered a presentation on intellectual property law reform in the Finnish Ambassador's Residence in Beijing, China.