- Drake choirs launch performance season on Oct. 5
September 30, 2014
Drake’s three select choral ensembles will launch their 2014–2015 performance season Sunday, Oct. 5, with a free concert that celebrates life’s joys and struggles. The concert, “For most this amazing day,” will feature the Drake Choir, the Chamber Choir, and Drake Chorale, and will begin at 3 p.m. in Sheslow Auditorium, 2875 University Ave. The […]
- Industry leaders to speak at public roundtable on retirement readiness and auto insurance at Drake University
September 29, 2014
A group of leading insurance and financial services experts will gather at Drake University next week to educate Iowans on retirement readiness and the changing environment of personal auto insurance.
- DSMove Block Party on University Ave. Sept. 28
September 26, 2014
Drake University partnered with nearly 100 community organizations to hold a major block party called "DSMove on University Ave." on Sept. 28.
- Drake partners with community to launch economic development program
September 25, 2014
Drake University is pleased to announce a statewide economic development competition in partnership with the Iowa Economic Development Authority and the Iowa Downtown Resource Center. Drake was chosen as the partner for this project among more than 24 different colleges and universities across the state.
DU in the News
- Changing the Mission of College Athletics
September 12, 2014 - Iowa Public Radio
Sandy Hatfield-Clubb and Craig Owens discuss how Drake is bringing the locker room into the classroom—the Bulldog way.
- Obama vows to destroy jihadists
September 11, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Mahmoud Hamad, associate professor of politics at Drake University, comments on President Obama's speech.
- How helicopter parents are ruining college students
September 4, 2014 - Washington Post
Drake senior Abbey Barrow (and her parents) are featured in this Washington Post article, discussing the do's and don'ts of parenting a college student.
- At Peabody Essex, 300 Years of Indian Chintzes
August 29, 2014 - The New York Times
Fall exhibition in Manhattan will feature work by Phil Chen, professor of art and design.
- Supreme Court gets input on changing bar exam rule
August 28, 2014 - Associated Press
Ben Ullem, dean of the Drake University Law School, discusses diploma privilege and how allowing Iowa law graduates to practice without taking the bar exam would help students pay off debt more quickly.
- Can higher education reinvent our ‘paralyzed and dysfunctional’ democratic process?
August 26, 2014 - The Hechinger Report
Drake University President David Maxwell co-authors this op-ed on how institutions of higher education can prepare students — and society at large — for productive civic engagement and find remedies for our gridlocked political environment.
Faculty & Staff
- Renee Cramer elected president of the Consortium of Undergraduate Law and Justice Programs
September 22, 2014
Renee Cramer has been elected president of the Consortium of Undergraduate Law and Justice Programs. The Consortium promotes undergraduate legal studies education in a wide variety of institutions in the United States and Canada.
- Rod Henshaw named president of the Affinity Academic Libraries Group
September 18, 2014
Rod Henshaw, dean of Cowles Library at Drake University, is now serving as president for the Affinity Academic Libraries Group—a group of 33 private academic libraries representing master’s level institutions from across the United States.
- Mahmoud Hamad selected as Al-Jazeera contributor
September 12, 2014
Mahmoud Hamad, associate professor of politics at Drake University, spent the month of July commenting on news in the Middle East and U.S.-Arab relations for both Al-Jazeera and Al-Jazzera English.
- Renae Chesnut receives national 2014 Lambda Kappa Sigma Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award
July 31, 2014
Renae Chesnut, professor of pharmacy practice and associate dean for academic and student affairs at Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, was awarded Lambda Kappa Sigma’s (LKS) Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu