- Drake offers public meditation workshop
August 21, 2014
The Comparison Project at Drake University will kick off its 2014–2015 programming with a meditation workshop on Saturday, Sept. 6 from 9 a.m.–noon.
- Drake graduate recognized as Iowa AmeriCorps Member of the Month
August 20, 2014
The Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service (ICVS) announced the selection of Courtney Howell as the August 2014 Iowa AmeriCorps Member of the Month.
- Des Moines is Forbes' No. 1 city for young professionals
August 18, 2014
Des Moines nabbed Forbes' No. 1 spot in 2011, when the magazine first launched its list, and snagged the top position again this summer.
- Drake University receives grant in support of feature documentary about the Iowa Caucuses
August 18, 2014
Drake University has received a major grant of $10,000 from Humanities Iowa in support of Phase 1 preproduction development of a feature documentary about the Iowa Caucuses.
DU in the News
- 'Mr. Drake' Paul Morrison enters Register sports hall
August 22, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Drake University’s beloved Paul Morrison is featured in a profile piece in the Des Moines Register.
- 5 ways colleges are preparing your future workforce
August 11, 2014 - Des Moines Business Record
Drake University President David Maxwell and Jennifer McCrickerd, professor of philosophy, discuss digital natives.
- 5 tips to get Facebook to show brand’s content
August 8, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Chris Snider, assistant professor of journalism at Drake University, discusses best practices for increasing your reach on Facebook.
- Request to keep lawsuit secret extremely rare
August 1, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Laurie Doré, professor of law, and Kathleen Richardson, professor of journalism, provide insight on why asking to keep a lawsuit secret is a rare move in Iowa's court system.
- ADA anniversary raises pointed reminders of bipartisanship
July 28, 2014 - Des Moines Register
Drake University's Harkin Institue for Public Policy and Citizen in Engagement hosts the 24th ADA Anniversary Roundtable, celebrating its accomplishments, but reminding attendees that the ADA's work is not finished.
- Teachers Learn about Environment in Unexpected Place
July 28, 2014 - WHO TV
Keith Summerville, associate professor of environmental science and department chair, leads environmental workshop for teachers.
Faculty & Staff
- Renae Chesnut receives national 2014 Lambda Kappa Sigma Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award
July 31, 2014
Renae Chesnut, professor of pharmacy practice and associate dean for academic and student affairs at Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, was awarded Lambda Kappa Sigma’s (LKS) Merck & Co. Vanguard Leadership Award.
- Jennifer Perrine lands Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry
July 29, 2014
Jennifer Perrine, associate professor of English at Drake University, was awarded the 2014 Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Poetry for her manuscript, No Confession, No Mass.
- Drake Law professor provides analysis of new copyright bill in Hong Kong Legislative Council
July 28, 2014
On July 26, Peter K. Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law and the director of the Intellectual Property Law Center at Drake University Law School, provided a detailed analysis of the Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2014 in the Hong Kong Legislative Council.
- Cherié Moen awarded scholarship to attend educational forum in Wisconsin
July 23, 2014
The Foundation of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) recently awarded a scholarship to Cherié Moen, administrative assistant to Drake University Provost Deneese Jones, to attend the Education Forum and Annual Meeting (EFAM) 2014 in Milwaukee.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu