- Drake pianist teams up with Euclid Quartet for concert in Sheslow Auditorium
April 19, 2017
Nicholas Roth, professor of piano, will join forces with the internationally acclaimed Euclid Quartet in a free performance Sunday, April 30, in Drake's Sheslow Auditorium.
- Drake Relays kicks off with 38th annual Beautiful Bulldog Contest® on Sunday, April 23
April 18, 2017
Forty bulldogs from 10 states will compete to be the official 2017 Drake Relays mascot during the Beautiful Bulldog Contest at Drake University on Sunday, April 23.
- Dean's statement in memory of David J. Noble
April 17, 2017
Terri Vaughan, dean of the Drake University College of Business and Public Administration, issued the following statement in memory of philanthropist David J. Noble.
- Drake Theatre invites audiences to "See Rock City: And Other Destinations"
April 17, 2017
With the spring semester drawing to a close and summer travel locations on the mind, Drake Theatre is taking audiences all over the U.S. with See Rock City: And Other Destinations, a production directed by Michael Rothmayer, associate professor of theatre arts. See Rock City: And Other Destinations, with music by Brad Alexander and book and […]
DU in the News
- 2017 Best & Worst States for Doctors
March 31, 2017 - WalletHub
Denise Hill, director of the Health Law Program at Drake University Law School, shares some of her favorite tips for current medical students who are considering where to work.
- Furman's Niko Medved accepts Drake head coaching position
March 27, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake University has hired Niko Medved, former head coach at Furman University, to lead the men's basketball team.
- Lizzy Wendell’s evolution on the court has keyed Drake’s rise
March 17, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
All eyes are on Drake women's basketball, which won the MVC Tournament on the heels of a 22-game winning streak and a perfect 18–0 conference record, and is headed to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.
- These Drake students published a book on Des Moines' faith traditions
February 24, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
The Des Moines Register columnist Daniel Finney spoke with Drake J-Term students about their experience with researching, writing, designing, editing, promoting, and publishing a book on Des Moines' religious diversity.
- The most important thing to remember ahead of the inauguration
January 25, 2017 - The Des Moines Register
Drake alumna Lauren Ehrler, a producer at The Des Moines Register, shares lessons from a Drake January Term trip to witness the U.S. Presidential inauguration in 2013.
- She got 24 years for her boyfriend's meth. Even her sentencing judge supports clemency.
November 30, 2016 - The Washington Post
Associate prof. William Garriott contrasts law enforcement approaches to policing methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana. Garriott has written a book on meth enforcement.
Faculty & Staff
- Drake CPHS issues faculty, alumni, and student awards
March 28, 2017
Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) recently issued awards to faculty, alumni, and students, for outstanding mentorship, scholarship, professional involvement and leadership, and teaching.
- Drake's Sig Ep chapter, adviser win regional awards
March 20, 2017
Associate Professor Debra Bishop received a regional award for her work as faculty adviser to Drake’s Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity chapter. The chapter and its members also received awards.
- Senchina co-authors article for influential sports science journal
March 10, 2017
David Senchina, associate professor of biology, recently co-authored a consensus statement on the relationship between exercise, nutrition, and the immune system for the journal Exercise Immunology Review, one of the top journals in the category of sports science.
- Super Bowl LI and Professor Edrington? You bet!
February 23, 2017
Alumni flocked back to campus for a chance to analyze the biggest advertising game of the year—and go back to class with their favorite associate professor of marketing.
Photo of the Day
Drake sophomore Alex Peterson, a computer science and math major, was greeted by this beautiful view as he stepped out of Goodwin-Kirk residence hall. www.drake.edu