Join Drake University in celebrating Black History Month
Black History Month is a time to celebrate and acknowledge the achievements of Black Americans, Black culture, and renew our resilience and solidarity in the face of current challenges. Drake University is celebrating Black History Month by encouraging members of the campus community and beyond to take part in a variety of events happening on campus and in the community. Follow Drake University on social media as more details and events are added.
- Check out our Voices of Drake story series that highlights the diversity, ambition, and passion of the incredible people who make up our campus community.
- Attend one of the events sponsored by the Coalition of Black Students.
- Feb. 22: Learn about the Black suffragette’s courage to secure the vote.
- Feb. 22: Spend an evening with Ty Marcellus (NuWorld Comics) who is creating a universe to rival Marvel’s.
- Feb. 25: Join Dr. Brandi Brimmer to hear about southern Black women’s journey to secure freedom for themselves after the Civil War and what these legacies mean for us today.