Drake University was recently recognized for it’s long-standing commitment to community engagement & service – learning. Feedback from the Community Engagement Audit condected fall of 2013 showed that:
- Over 80% of Drake students participate in a community service or service-learning experience before they graduate.
- More than a quarter of our courses include service-learning as a tool for teaching
- 70% of Faculty and Staff serve in the community with nonprofits, boards, professional organizations, and schools.
- Collectively, the nine members of the cabinet serve as board members with more than 40 different nonprofit organizations
- More than 120 pharmacy students provide free immunizations and health screenings to members of Des Moines’ underserved communities, totaling about 1,45o immunizations and 1,100 screenings each year
The College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences students, faculty and staff have played a large role in Drake receiving this recognition.
The following is a video 1 of a video series prepared by Community Engagement & Service-Learning to showcase the many ways in which Drake University is currently engaged with the community.