Christopher the Conquered and Todd Carey will be headlining the Earth Jam concert, which is free and open to the public. It will begin at 8 p.m. on Pomerantz Stage in Olmsted Center, 2875 University Ave.
The Drake Environmental Action League is sponsoring the concert as part of a week of events that include free giveaways, petition signing and a variety of activities to promote sustainability.
In addition, the league is encouraging students to carry out five Acts of Green, such as:
- Shop green by saying no to plastic and using reusable eco-bags instead
- Eat green by supporting local and organic farmers and refraining from meat occasionally
- Switch to a compact fluorescent light bulb, which uses 75 percent less energy and lasts about 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
- Use a water bottle because they don’t leak, break, crack or interact with beverages, plus they save plastic
- Speak Up by writing a letter to political representatives concerning environmental issues
Free gifts, information and activities to help with the challenge will be available in the Olmsted Center between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To learn more about the events or how to get involved, contact Matthew Jurysta at email@example.com.