*Updated 1/27/15 at 3 p.m.
Drake University would like to congratulate nine members of the Drake community who were named to the Business Record’s “Forty Under 40” class for 2015.
Seven Drake alumni and two staff members were included in the Business Record’s annual list, which was published online this week. Honorees were chosen by past award winners, are under the age of 40, and have “demonstrated impressive career achievements and unparalleled community achievement.”
The 2015 honorees with Drake ties are:
- Katherine Barton, GR'12, Iowa National Guard
- Jarad Bernstein, director of public relations and media management at Drake University
- Brenna Finnerty, GR’14, marketing manager at UnityPoint Clinic
- Kate Graham, LW’11, associate attorney at Nyemaster Goode P.C.
- Emily Hamilton, GR’09, executive director of the Des Moines “I Have a Dream Foundation”
- Sara Kurovski, GR’10, mayor of Pleasant Hill and manager of sustainability at Kum & Go, L.C.
- Mandi McReynolds, director of community engagement and service-learning at Drake University
- Jaime Miller-Ackley, GR'10, Iowa Credit Union Foundation
- Emilee Richardson, JO’09, marketing and communications manager, Science Center of Iowa
Additionally, receiving special honors this year is Kristi Knous, GR'10, who was named the Business Record's Forty Under 40 Alumna of the Year.
Each of the honorees will be profiled in the Feb. 27 edition of the Business Record and be recognized at an event on March 10. A total of 640 honorees have been named to the Forty Under 40 lists since the Des Moines-based publication began the awards in 2000. Drake alumni and staff members are consistently represented on the list—10 honorees had Drake ties in 2014, and nine had Drake ties in 2013.
*An earlier version of this article, which listed only seven Drake-affiliated honorees, has been corrected.