Health Sciences had a strong presence at the June Iowa Pharmacy
Association (IPA) annual meeting.
- Renae Chesnut,PH'85, GR'85, GR'98, associate dean for academic and student affairs
and associate professor of pharmacy practice, was inaugurated as
president. More information about Chesnut's appointment can be found on
the Drake website. Link: http://www.drake.edu/news/db/official/archive.php?article=5783
Trewet, PH'03, was elected to serve as a trustee of Region 3. She has
been involved with IPA as a member of both Professional and Public
Affairs Policy committees. She is an assistant clinical professor of
family medicine at the University of Iowa.
Shields, PH '83, pharmacy director for the Iowa Department of
Corrections, was elected trustee at large. She has served as preceptor
for students from both Drake and the University of Iowa.
- Geoff Wall, associate professor of pharmacy practice, also was elected as Speaker of the House.
addition to the faculty and alumni elected as IPA officers and trustees
for the 2010-11 administrative year, other individuals received
recognition for various contributions.
The award winners, who were selected by the members of the IPA, are:
- Brian Benson, PH'96, pharmacist at Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Health System Pharmacist Award
Cunningham, PH'69, retired, chairman of the Board for Iowa Prescription
Drug Corp. and its Board of Directors, Honorary President
- John Forbes, PH'80, owner of Medicap Pharmacy in Urbandale, Iowa, Bowl of Hygeia Award
- Kristin Meyer, PH'00, associate professor of pharmacy practice, Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
- Jordan Ruestman, fourth-year pharmacy student and PharmD candidate, Karbeling Leadership Award
- Lori Schirmer, assistant professor of pharmacy practice, Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award