Drake University once again ranks among the nation’s top universities in several categories in the newly released U.S. News & World Report 2022 Best Colleges rankings.
Overall, Drake University tied for 136th among the 288 schools ranked in the “National Universities” category. Institutions within this category offer a full range of undergraduate degrees, plus master’s and doctoral programs. Schools in this list include well-known private and public universities such as Princeton, Columbia, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and Michigan.
“For years, the U.S. News Best Colleges rankings have affirmed Drake’s standing as a premier university—not just in the Midwest but around the world,” said Drake University President Marty Martin. “These results reflect the unmatched value of a Drake education, as well as Drake’s positive impact on our local community, the state, and the nation.”
In addition to the overall ranking, Drake received honors in two other categories:
- 64th nationally on the list of “Best Value Schools,” which weighs academic quality and the cost of attendance.
- “A+ Schools for B students,” which looks at overall ranking and first-year student retention rates. According to U.S. News & World Report, retention rate can be an important indicator of student satisfaction.
The U.S. News rankings compare institutions on factors such as academic reputation, graduation rates, student-faculty ratio, class size, student excellence, and financial resources—all areas in which Drake excels. According to the University’s most recent data from 2020:
- 95.5% of Drake students who graduated during the COVID-19 pandemic were employed or began graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Drake University has a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Drake is No. 1 in Iowa among bachelor-granting institutions for alumni median salary 10 years after enrolling.
- 100% of Drake full-time undergraduate students receive scholarships.
Prospective students and families are invited to learn more about Drake’s programs and schedule a virtual or in-person campus visit at drake.edu.