Drake University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (CPHS) held its annual Pinning Ceremony on Thursday, May 5, 2016.
The Pinning Ceremony, a longstanding tradition for CPHS, serves as a memorable event for third year pharmacy students and health sciences majors as it marks their entry into their capstone experiences. Additionally, four prestigious awards are presented: the Cardinal Health Student Scholarship Award and the Larson Engaged Practitioner Award, given to P3 students, and the Health Sciences Leadership Award and the Outstanding Health Sciences Student Award. This year we were also honored to bestow the United States Public Health Service of Excellence in Public Health Award to a P3 Student.
Congratulations to the following students who were presented awards at the 2016 Pinning Ceremony:
- Kya Norby – Excellence in Public Health Award
- Andrew Wagner & Tori Groves -Cardinal Health Student Scholarship Award
- Katherine North – Outstanding Health Sciences Student Award
- Kyli Torkelson – Outstanding Health Sciences Student Leadership Award
- Kelsey Japs – Larson Engaged Practitioner Award
The 2016 Pinning Ceremony Podcast is Available – Click Here