From living in Egypt during the Arab Spring to some final advice from departing Drake female leaders, the latest edition of Drake Blue magazine is full of fascinating articles. The Spring 2012 edition hit mailboxes earlier this month; the issue’s focus is the concept and practice of leadership. Readers can also find all content online at www.drake.edu/magazine.
Drake’s vision is to be a leader in the national higher education landscape. But what does it mean to be a leader and how has the concept changed in recent years? A variety of profiles and features address this question.
Even if you have already read the entire magazine, make sure to visit the website for the following online exclusives:
- Pioneer Hi-Bred Greenhouse video tour
- Ethnobotany at Drake — Nanci Ross, assistant professor of biology, teaches students about the impact of native plants on human culture.
- Making a Difference — first-year law student receives scholarship for her past commitment and future plan to serve others.
- Pole Vault Perspectives — see video from last year’s Drake Relays event, Pole Vault in the Mall
- Tallgrass Grocery Emphasizes Local Connections — learn how Carlyn Crowe, internship coordinator and adjunct instructor for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, is making affecting the local food movement in Des Moines.