Experts in land tenancy, ownership and conservation will present a land owner conference at Drake University on Thursday, July 28. Governor Terry Branstad will open the conference with an 8 a.m. address.
The “This Land is Your Land” event is focused on providing absentee and non-operating landowners information to better understand what they must do to enhance and protect their land, their investment, and their legacy.
Sessions will cover the following issues:
- Land use and soil loss concerns
- Sustainable farm leasing
- Equitable lease arrangements
- Tax changes and considerations for farmland
- Land ownership responsibility
Speakers representing various Iowa organizations will share their expertise and be available to answer attendee questions:
- Craig Cox, senior vice president for agriculture and natural resources, Environmental Working Group
- Ed Cox, fellow, Drake Agricultural Law Center
- Anita O’Gara, vice president for development and communications, Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
- Mark Gannon, founder, US Farm Lease, Gannon Real Estate
- Marvin Debner, CEO and partner, LWBJ Financial
The registration fee is $40 per person or $75 a couple, which covers attendance, conference materials, plus lunch. The conference begins at 8 a.m. in the Olmsted Center, 2875 University Ave. The event is co-sponsored by US Farm Lease and the Drake University Agricultural Law Center.
For the conference full schedule and to register online, visit farmlandconference.com or call 515-232-4002 or 888-232-4002