This series is designed for persons who have limited knowledge of and experience with the process of starting a new business. Participants will work with Drake faculty to explore the potential to succeed.
Drake’s Center for Professional Studies is offering the series free of charge through a generous gift from the Principal Financial Group Foundation Inc.
The four all-day sessions meet each Thursday beginning June 10 through July 1 in the Zimpleman Graduate and Professional Education Center in Aliber Hall on the Drake campus.
The series will cover a variety of topics regarding small business development, including:
- What Does It Take to Start a Small Business?
- Legal Aspects and Financing
- How the Economy Matters
- What is Effective Marketing?
- Presenting My Ideas to Clients and Investors
- Role of Operations in Creating a Successful Business
- Managing and Leading People
To obtain more information or to apply for the program, visit the Drake Web site or call the Drake Center for Professional Studies at 515-271-2592.