On May 14th, we awarded undergraduate degrees to 70 students and 210 to those in graduate programs. Candidates received diplomas for their degrees in elementary, secondary, and special education, educational leadership, counseling, and adult leadership and organizational performance. We are the only college at Drake that offers all four levels of degrees in the academy: Bachelors', Masters', Specialist and Doctorate. This year, a record number of SOE students graduated with honors.
Bachelor's (70 total)
- Secondary Teacher Education (38)
- Elementary Teacher Education (32)
Doctorate (6 total)
- Education Leadership (6)
Specialist (16 total)
- Educational Administration (12)
- Education Leadership (4)
Master's (192 total)
- Effective Teaching (17)
- Education Leadership (57)
- Counseling (34)
- Teacher Effectiveness & Professional Development (24)
- Secondary Teacher Education (22)
- Adult Learning & Organizational Performance (21)
- Elementary Teacher Education (10)
- Instructional Strategist II-Behavior Disorder/Learning Disability (4)
- Instructional Strategist I-Secondary (3)
Six of our undergraduates graduated summa cum laude, 19 graduated magnum cum laude, 11 graduated cum laude, 35 received departmental honors, and 18 are members of Kappa Delta Pi.
Thanks to the faculty and staff who attended the ceremonies and receptions throughout the weekend. Beyond the ceremonies and celebrations, I recognize that it takes many years of guidance, sacrifice, and determination to reach the achievement of a Drake degree. I look forward to the news of the career contributions of these 280 deserving students.
-Dean Jan McMahill, School of Education