During the annual Health Professions Day (formerly Pharmacy and Health Sciences Day), held on February 24, 2022, the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences presented awards to preceptors and fieldwork educators who demonstrate outstanding teaching and mentorship to students at their practice sites. Nominations for the awards are sought from students within the college.
- Sarah Kennedy was named the AT Preceptor of the Year. Sarah is a certified and licensed athletic trainer for Select Medical and practices at Valley High School in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Whitney Peters was named the OT Fieldwork Educator of the Year. Peters is an occupational therapist at Axis ABA Therapy and Support Services in Ankeny, Iowa.
- Lisa Jaegers was named the OT Doctoral Capstone Mentor of the Year. Jaegers is an Associate Professor at Saint Louis University and Associate Director of the Saint Louis University Health Criminology Research Consortium.
- Lavanh Baccam was named the IPPE Preceptor of the Year. Baccam is a Pharmacist Manager at Cash Saver in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Jennifer Meurer was named the APPE Preceptor of the Year. Meurer is a Pharmacist Manager at Medicap Pharmacy in Ankeny, Iowa.
- Sarah Grady was named the CPHS Pharmacy Faculty Preceptor of the Year.