During the holiday season, it’s a time-honored tradition for many of us to pause and give thanks for all that we have experienced and been given in the past year.
As members of the Drake family, we have a plethora of memories and people for which to be thankful. Such as the more than 67,000 dedicated and successful alumni who make a difference in the lives of their communities every day and whose professional and personal accomplishments enhance the image and reputation of our University. And the outstanding Drake students who are committed to improving humanity around the world through their work and service. And finally, we’re grateful for Drake’s faculty and staff, who are committed to creating the highest quality experience for students in and out of the classroom.
So, as we enter the holiday season and enjoy our shared and unique traditions with friends and loved ones, we can also celebrate our Drake family by:
- Nominating a fellow graduate for a National Alumni Award by Dec. 15.
- Emailing a former professor or staff member who made a difference in your Drake experience or personal life.
- Showing Drake spirit with fellow Bulldogs by hosting a National Game Watch event in your city on Jan. 23 as the Bulldogs battle Creighton.
- Providing a class note to share your pride with other Drake graduates.
However you choose to spend your holiday season, please know that we are sincerely grateful for your contributions and participation in the Drake community. Wishing all the best to every member of the Drake family!
– Blake Campbell, director, and the staff at the Office of Alumni Relations