The latest edition of Drake Blue magazine hits mailboxes this week; the issue’s theme focuses on “Reinventing Leadership.” Readers can also find all content online at www.drake.edu/magazine.
Drake’s vision is to be a leader in the national higher education landscape. But what does it mean to be a leader and how has the concept changed in recent years? A variety of profiles and features — including the story of three female Drake leaders — address this question.
Also, be sure to check out these web exclusives at www.drake.edu/magazine:
- Pioneer Hi-Bred Greenhouse Tour — take a video tour of the incredible Pioneer Hi-Bred Greenhouse
- Ethnobotany at Drake — Nanci Ross, assistant professor of biology, teaches students about the impact of native plants on human culture.
- Making a Difference — first-year law student receives scholarship for her past commitment and future plan to serve others.
- Pole Vault Perspectives — see video from last year’s Drake Relays event, Pole Vault in the Mall
- Tallgrass Grocery emphasizes local connections — learn how Carlyn Crowe, internship coordinator for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, is making an impact on the local food movement in Des Moines