New members of the Iowa Pharmacy Association Board of Trustees are installed at the IPA annual meeting.
Drake faculty, students and alumni from the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences had a strong presence at the June Iowa Pharmacy Association (IPA) annual meeting.
IPA is the state society representing the profession of pharmacy, united for the purpose of advancing public health, particularly the pharmaceutical care of all Iowans. The IPA is organized to preserve and advance the interests of the profession and to serve the professional needs of all pharmacists, pharmacy students, and pharmacy technicians and includes more than 1,200 members statewide.
The faculty and alumni recently elected to the IPA Board of Trustees include:
- Renae Chesnut, PH’85, GR’85, GR’98, associate dean for academic and student affairs and professor of pharmacy practice, was installed as the Chair of the Board.
- Carrie Foust Koenigsfeld, associate professor in the department of clinical sciences, was recently elected Vice-Speaker of the House.
- Gayle Mayer, PHâ€™75, director of pharmacy at Spencer Hospital in Spencer, Iowa, was recently installed as a trustee.
- Bill Robinson, PHâ€™75, owner of Oakland Pharmacy, was recently installed as a trustee.
- Kristin Williams, PHâ€™00, director of pharmacy education and training for Hy-Vee, was recently installed as a trustee.
In addition to the faculty and alumni elected as IPA officers and trustees for the 2012-13 administrative year, other individuals received recognition for various contributions.
The award winners, who were selected by the members of the IPA, are:
- CoraLynn Trewet, PHâ€™03, associate professor at the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy and clinical pharmacy specialist at Broadlawns Family Health Center, Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award.
- Andrew North, 4th-year pharmacy student and PharmD and MBA candidate, Karbeling Leadership Award.