Budget and tax issues will be the topic of the next IowaPolitics.com forum at 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 29, at Drake University. The event will be held in Drake’s Levitt Hall in Old Main, 2507 University Ave.
The experts include:
- Chris Fox, policy analyst with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees International
- David Vaudt, Iowa state auditor
- Ed Wallace, president of the Iowa Taxpayers Association
IowaPolitics.com Des Moines Bureau Chief Lynn Campbell will moderate the program, and questions will be accepted from audience members. The event later will be broadcast on the Mediacom Connections channel statewide and will be available for On Demand viewing on Mediacom Channel 1.
The forum is part of the “Cookies and Conversation” series presented by Drake, IowaPolitics.com and Mediacom. Wal-Mart and Mediacom are event sponsors.
Doors open at 9:30 a.m. and taping of the show will be from 10-11 a.m. Free parking will be available in Drake lots at 26th Street and University Avenue and at 25th Street and Carpenter Avenue.
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Three registration options are available:
- Online: http://www.esurveycentral.com/TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=4M06n34J5n8KG
- Phone: 515-309-2906
- E-mail: info@Iowapolitics.com
IowaPolitics.com is an independent, nonpartisan news operation offering a free Web site at www.IowaPolitics.com and paid subscriber products. For more information, contact Jim Greer at email@example.com or 515-309-2941.