Drake University will host the next IowaPolitics.com forum, which will focus on health care, at 3:45 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24. The event will take place in Levitt Hall in Old Main, 2507 University Ave.
Speakers at the forum will include:
- Charlie Bruner, director of the Iowa Child and Family Policy Center.
- Chris Atchison, associate dean for the University of Iowa College of Public Health, director of the Iowa Hygienic Lab, member of The Iowa Committee for Value in Healthcare and former director of the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Diane Crookham-Johnson, part owner of Musco Corp. in Oskaloosa and a representative of large employers on the state’s Health Care Coverage Commission.
- Mary Earnhardt, policy director of Iowans for Tax Relief.
IowaPolitics.com Des Moines Bureau Chief Lynn Campbell will moderate the program, and questions will be accepted from audience members. The event will be broadcast later on the Mediacom Connections channel statewide and will be available for On Demand viewing on Mediacom Channel 1.
The forum is part of the “Cookies and Conversation” series presented by Drake University, IowaPolitics.com and Mediacom. Wal-Mart and Mediacom are event sponsors.
Doors will open at 3:30 p.m. and taping of the show will be from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Free parking will be available in Drake lots at 26th & University and 25th & Carpenter.
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. There are several ways to register:
- Online at http://www.esurveycentral.com/TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=3L03734H4n2KG
- Via e-mail at info@Iowapolitics.com
- Via phone at 515-309-2906
IowaPolitics.com is an independent, nonpartisan electronic news service offering a free Web site at www.IowaPolitics.com and paid subscriber products. For more information, contact Jim Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-309-2941.