Anne Murr, Adult Literacy Center coordinator at Drake University, will present a talk on “Dyslexia and Reading Struggles” on Wednesday, June 24, as part of Cowles Library’s Midweek Muses and Munchies series.
The initiative aims to promote discussion and discourse related to books and various academic topics.
The events, which are free and open to the public, will begin at 12:10 p.m. by Cowles Café outside of room 122 in Cowles Library, 28thStreet and University Ave.
Participants can bring their own lunches or purchase food from the café or the grill outside the library’s main entrance.
The rest of the Midweek Muses and Munchies schedule is below:
- June 25 — “1950s Hollywood”: Part II — Dina Smith, assistant professor of English
- June 30 — TBA
- July 1 — TBA — Elizabeth West, assistant professor of English
- July 2 – “Women in Horror Films”: Part I — Beth Younger, associate professor of English
- July 7 — “Cataloging History” – Dorothy Pisarski, assistant professor of journalism, and Drake student Chad Allen
- July 8 — TBA — Elizabeth West, assistant professor of English
- July 9 — “Women in Horror Films”: Part II — Beth Younger, associate professor of English
- July 22 – “The Copyfight: Can Intellectual Property Rights be Pushed Too Far?” — Marcia Keyser, coordinator of information services and associate professor of librarianship
For more information about the series, contact Susan Breakenridge at 515-271-3994 or firstname.lastname@example.org.