CONTACT: Lisa Lacher, 515-271-3119, email@example.com
Drake’s campus is fired up for the Drake Relays, with the annual frenzy of events running now through April 28. A complete schedule of events — both on campus and in downtown Des Moines — follows:
FRIDAY, APRIL 27
• Drake Relays, events beginning at 8 a.m., Drake Stadium, 2719 Forest Ave. Ticket prices vary. Call the Drake Ticket Office at 515-271-3791 for details. Visit https://wwww.drakerelays.org/ for a full schedule of athletic events.
• Alumni Tent Lunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., north of the Agora between Herriott Hall and Harvey Ingham Hall, $9.
• Court Avenue Celebration, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m., downtown Des Moines. Ten downtown bars and restaurants will participate in this annual party, with performances by Public Property, Phase Two, Floodplane, DJ Johnny Utah, Mr. Baber’s Neighbors, Yetti Blüz Band, DJ John Huffman, Betty Buzzkill with Spouse, Tom Thumb and Milkwar, among others. Bands will perform under a tent located just west of the Court Avenue Brewing Company and at High Life Lounge, Court Avenue Brewing Company, Royal Mile, Java Joe’s, Johnny’s Hall of Fame, Liar’s Club, Buzzard Billy’s, The Lift, Vaudeville Mews and Hessen Haus.
SATURDAY, APRIL 28
• Student Activities Board Relays Committee Pancake Feed, 1 to 3 a.m., north of the Agora between Herriott Hall and Harvey Ingham Hall, $1 for students with Drake ID and $3 for Drake alumni.
• 8K Road Races (Open) & 1/2 Marathon Race (Open). Go to www.fitnesssports.com/Apr.races/Drakefolder/DrakeInformat.html for event details.
• Drake Relays, events beginning at 8 a.m., Drake Stadium. Ticket prices vary. Call the Drake Ticket Office at 515-271-3791 for details. Visit https://wwww.drakerelays.org/ for a full schedule of athletic events.
• Step Show, 7 p.m. to 12 a.m., Parents Hall, Olmsted Center.
• 20-year Cluster Reunion: Classes of 1986, 1987, 1988, 6 to 9 p.m., Ballroom at the Temple for the Performing Arts, 10th and Locust Streets, $35 per person, includes hors d’oeuvres, cash bar. To RSVP, call 800-44-DRAKE, x3147; for additional information, call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-44-DRAKE, x3378, or 515-271-3378.
• 5-year Cluster Reunion: Classes of 2001, 2002, 2003, 4 to 7 p.m., Pomerantz Stage Area, Olmsted Center, $10, includes hors d’oeuvres, cash bar. To RSVP, call 800-44-DRAKE, x3147; for additional information, call or e-mail email@example.com, 800-44-DRAKE, x3155, or 515-271-3155.
• Iowa Delta chapter of Phi Delta Theta, 45th year anniversary at Drake celebration: “Ghosts of the Past Barbeque,” 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1245 34th St. “Ghosts of the Future” fundraising dinner honoring the class of 1977, 6 to 9 p.m., Christopher’s Restaurant, 2816 Beaver Ave. For more information, visit https://wwww.drakephidelts.org/ or http://www.iowadeltaphis.org/, or contact Gerald Hacker at 240-472-0407 or Gerald.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tim Coonan at 515-991-3916 or email@example.com.
• Kappa Kappa Gamma Relays Open House Barbeque for all Kappa alumni, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1305 34th St. Contact Jenna Paulson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sigma Phi Epsilon’s Relays Alumni Banquet, social hour at 6:30 p.m., dinner at 7:30 p.m., program at 8:30 p.m. Levitt Hall, Old Main. For more information, contact Rod Rhoads at 515-255-4785, or email@example.com.
• Theta Chi Fraternity Family Picnic, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1320 34th St. Alumni Gamma Tau reception, 4 to 7 p.m., Cool Beans, Hubbell Dining Hall (upper level). An alumni reception will also be held Friday, April 27. For more information or to RSVP, contact Chris Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason Handberg at email@example.com.
A free shuttle will be available from 7 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. Friday, April 27, and 7 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Saturday, April 28. The bus service will operate between the First Assembly of God Church parking lot, 2725 Merle Hay Rd., and the northeast gate at Drake Stadium, 27th Street and Forest Avenue. The shuttle will operate on a 30-minute cycle, starting at First Assembly of God Church. For more information about the shuttle, call 515-271-3173.