These friendly folks are here to serve your every need as a member of the Drake alumni family. From the left: Dot Johnson, Kelli Turner, John Brown, Barb Dietrich Boose, JO’83, GR’90, Melisa Brynsaas and Betty David.
- Drake will host an alumni and fan party on Friday, March 10, prior to the first Drake women’s basketball game in the State Farm Missouri Valley Conference Tournament in Springfield, Mo., March 9-12. The party will be held at Ebbets Field Restaurant, 1027 E. Walnut St., Springfield. If the Drake women play their first game on March 10 at 2:30 p.m., the party will begin at 1 p.m. If the Drake game is scheduled for 8:30 p.m., the party will start at 5 p.m. Check the Drake athletics Web site, https://wwww.drake.edu/athletics/, for game dates and times.
- Drake will celebrate 125 years of teaching and learning with Florida alumni with two events: On Thursday, March 16, from 6 to 8 p.m., Drake University President David and Madeleine Maxwell will host an alumni reception at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club, Sunset Terrace Room, 851 Gulf Shore Boulevard North. Cost is $25 per person. On Friday, March 17, from 6 to 8 p.m., the Maxwells will join Wendell Anderson, FA’51, and Robert Dreher, LA’37, LW’42, in co-hosting an alumni reception at the Ritz-Carlton Tower Residence, Tower Social Room, in Sarasota. Cost is $25 per person. To RSVP or for more information, contact the Drake Alumni Office at (515) 271-2500.
- Drake President David and Madeleine Maxwell and Bill Drury, LA’73, LW’77, and Colleen Drury will host an alumni reception in Phoenix on Thursday, March 30, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the home of the Drurys, 5319 East Royal View Drive South. To RSVP or for more information, contact the Drake Alumni Office at (515) 271-2500.
- Drake’s Future Alumni Network (FAN) student organization has put together an 11-member team to participate in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life April 7-8, 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., at the Drake Fieldhouse. Funds raised by the team will support cancer research and benefit individuals and families whose lives have been affected by the disease. To learn more about the event and support the FAN team – your future fellow alumni – in this important effort, visit www.relayforlifeofdrake.com http://www.relayforlifeofdrake.com/, click “team rank,” then “more,” choose “Future Alumni Network,” and make a “General Team Donation.”
- It’s Reunion Time. If you are in the classes of 1995, 1996, or 1997, or in the classes of 1965, 1966, or 1967, then mark your calendars now for Relays Weekend 2006 (April 28-29, 2006) for your 10-year cluster and 40-year cluster reunions!
Members of the Drake classes of 1956, 1946, and 1936 – and all alumni who graduated 50 years or more – will reunite during Commencement Weekend 2006 (May 12-14, 2006). If you are in these classes, please return to campus so that Drake University, your fellow alumni and the entire Drake community can honor you.
Attending your reunion is a great way to reconnect with old friends and classmates, visit your former haunts, check out changes on campus and enjoy your alma mater during one of the most festive times of our year. More details on each reunion will be coming soon. In the meantime, we are looking for alumni from these classes who would like to help plan their reunions. To sign up, click here https://wwww.drake.edu/alumni/volunteer.html.
- Music alumni Thompson Brandt, Diane (Patterson) Hanselman, and Dan Kingkade have organized a reunion for music majors from the Drake classes of 1973 through 1977 and music faculty on campus on Saturday, April 22, with a reception, dinner and the Drake Opera Theatre performance of Gilbert and Sullivan’s “The Pirates of Penzance.” The fun will continue with a Sunday brunch. For information, contact the Alumni Office at (515) 271-2500.
- Bulldog Bashes are confirmed or in the works in cities nationwide for this May/June. Check out the full list on the alumni page of upcoming events, https://wwww.drake.edu/alumni/events.html, or call the Drake Alumni Office at (515) 271-2500 with questions.
- The 1981 Drake football team, one of the winningest teams in Drake football history, will reunite on campus during Homecoming Weekend, Sept. 29-30. More details will be sent soon to team members. To make sure you’re on the mailing list or for further information, contact the Alumni Office at (515) 271-2500.