Twenty executives from 14 central Iowa companies have graduated from the Executive Education Center at Drake University’s Leading Others program. The intensive 18-month program enhances participants’ ability to lead organizations through times of stability and change.
The following students graduated from the program on November 10:
- Sarah Battani, Bankers Trust
- Rona Berinobis, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Amy Blahnik, DuPont Pioneer
- Ben Bruns, The Weitz Company
- Bill Connolly, John Deere Financial
- Sandy Cox, Nationwide Insurance Co
- Dan Crew, EMC Insurance Companies
- Jim Dougherty, MidAmerican Energy Company
- Michael Geringer, MidAmerican Energy Company
- Lisa Heagle, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Amela Imsirovic, John Deere Financial
- Dr. Charlie Keller, Mercy Clinics
- Tracey Knudtson, Principal Financial Group
- Doug Kouma, Meredith Corporation
- Dr. Steven Langdon, Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Beth Nigut, EMC Insurance Companies
- Michael Scholten, Principal Financial Group
- David McKenzie, ChildServe
- Ryan Vanyo, Kum and Go
- Courtney Yuskis, Meredith Corporation
Drake’s Executive Education Center launched the Leading Others program in summer 2015 in response to interest from a number of local corporations. The experience is aimed at executives who want to develop their leadership skills in a hands-on, experiential environment. The curriculum includes 120 hours of instruction, 18 months of executive education coaching, and guidance in implementing a leader development and business plan.
The Executive Education Center runs two cohorts per year and is currently recruiting for its fourth cohort. Applications for the program are due January 27, 2017. For more information, contact Sarah Ramsey, director of the Executive Education Center at Drake University, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.drake.edu/execed.