The 2016 Health Sciences Graduation Celebration took place in Sheslow Auditorium on May 14, 2016. Many of our graduating Health Sciences students, supported by an audience of their family and friends, gave a brief reflection of their capstone projects and their plans for their future. Emily Larson and Becca Mahnesmith gave the class reflection and Cassity Gutierrez, Director of Pre-Professional Programs, introduced the Capstone Project Awards for the following students:
- Samantha Scheel, Evaluating the State of the Palliative Care Team at ChildServe
- David Silkman, The effect of the Calcineurin Homologous Protein the aberrant Na+/H+ exchanger regulation of pH in cancer cells
- Amber Burns, Patient Satisfaction between Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Kimberly Dao, Exploration of the Creighton Model Fertility Care System and Naprotechnology at Vitae Family Care Center
- Scarlett Howerter, Mobile Market: Needs Assessment on Health Food Access in Polk County
The Health Sciences Engaged Leader Award was awarded to Becca Mahnesmith, by Associate Professor, Andrea Kjos. Cheryl Clark, Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs introduced Stephanie Boylan as the recipient of the Experiential Student of the Year Award. Courtney Carr, Class of 2017 SGA Delegate introduced Emily Larson as the 2016 Health Sciences Collaborative Student Award recipient.
The 2016 Drake University Commencement Video is now active and available at http://live.drake.edu/