Drake University’s College of Business and Public Administration held its Graduation and Awards Celebration at West End Architectural Salvage for graduate students on Thursday, May 5. The college recognized the graduate students of the year, graduate faculty member of the year, and 2015-2016 scholarship recipients.
The following students and faculty members received awards:
- Donnell Anderson, Master of Accounting Student of the Year
- Brenda Mohr, Master of Business Administration Student of the Year
- Cesar Bracho Saaverda, Master of Financial Management Student of the Year
- Julia Goodin, Master of Public Administration Student of the Year
- Allen Zagoren, Graduate Faculty Member of the Year
The following students received scholarships:
- Amanda McWherter, The Principal Financial Group Graduate Program Scholarship
- Anna Bergman, The Principal Financial Group Graduate Program Scholarship
- Mai Nasr, The 1969 Charter MBA Class and Faculty Endowed Scholarship
- Rita Saigh, Richard Peebler Scholarship
- Donnell Anderson, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Scholarship
Brenda Mohr, an executive assistant at the United Way of Central Iowa, said the Drake M.B.A. program has taught her a broad new skillset, and sharpened her existing skills as well.
“I have really enjoyed the Drake M.B.A. program,” Mohr said. “The knowledge that faculty can share with you, but also what your classmates and you can share with each other, has been invaluable. As someone who works full-time while going to grad school, I’ve been able to immediately apply what I’m learning to my work—to see those classroom lessons in business strategies, leadership, and management translate to the office in very clear ways."
For more information about the Drake University College of Business and Public Administration's graduate programs, contact Jenny Reitano at Jennifer.email@example.com or 515-271-2188.