|Photo courtesy of Nyemaster Goode, PC.|
Katie Graham, LW'11, was recently named to the Business Record's "Forty Under 40" for this year. Graham joins many previous Drake Law alumni who have been recognized.
Drake was well-represented in this year's class.
Six Drake alumni and two staff members were included in the annual list, which was published online this week. Honorees were chosen by past award winners, are under the age of 40, and have “demonstrated impressive career achievements and unparalleled community achievement.”
The 2015 honorees with Drake ties are:
• Jarad Bernstein, director of public relations and media management at Drake University
• Brenna Finnerty, GR’14, marketing manager at UnityPoint Clinic
• Katie Graham, LW’11, associate attorney at Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Emily Hamilton, GR’09, executive director of the Des Moines “I Have a Dream Foundation”
• Sara Kurovski, GR’10, mayor of Pleasant Hill and manager of sustainability at Kum & Go, L.C.
• Mandi McReynolds, director of community engagement and service-learning at Drake University
• Jaime Miller-Ackerly, GR'10, Iowa Credit Union Foundation
• Emilee Richardson, JO’09, marketing and communications manager, Science Center of Iowa
Each of the honorees will be profiled in the Feb. 27 edition of the Business Record and be recognized at an event on March 10. A total of 640 honorees have been named to the Forty Under 40 lists since the Des Moines-based publication began the awards in 2000.
Drake alumni and staff members are consistently represented on the list—10 honorees had Drake ties in 2014, and nine had Drake ties in 2013.