The Drake University National Alumni Association recently appointed seven new members to its Board of Directors. These new board members will serve as liaisons between Drake alumni and the University. The seven new members include:
• David Beall, BN’81, President of the Bizability Group
• Kevin Bell, LW’11, Assistant County Attorney for Polk County, Iowa
• Martha Capps, JO’78, Account Supervisor for Hanley Wood Marketing
• Roxanne Conlin, LA’64, GR’66, GR’79, Attorney, Roxanne Conlin & Associates, PC
• Chad Hoseth, AS’94, Director of International Initiatives and Managing Director of the Confucius Center, Colorado State University
• Chris McDonnell, JO’05, Principal at McDonnell Wealth Management
• Dr Brian Palmer, AS’96, Senior Associate Consultant and Associate Professor, Mayo Clinic
The National Alumni Association Board of Directors is dedicated to facilitating alumni understanding of University goals, and provides a vehicle for consulting alumni on significant issues. The board also promotes meaningful relationships between alumni and Drake. They directly support the mission of the Drake University National Alumni Association, which works to provide both Drake and its alumni with a channel for meaningful participation in University matters.
“These individuals are symbols and representatives of all 65,000 alumni we have worldwide,” says Blake Campbell, director of alumni relations. “Their election will provide an opportunity to speak on behalf of these groups and further strengthen their relationship with the university.”
Campbell says the new board members were selected based on their active engagement with the Drake community after graduation.
The new board members will serve a three-year term. Duties include serving on committees, attending board meetings, and acting as board representatives in their respective communities to promote the board and the University’s goals. The group will gather three times a year on Drake’s campus to discuss new developments and upcoming events.
For more information on the National Alumni Association Board of Directors, contact Blake Campbell at 515-271-3077 or email@example.com.