The Drake University Actuarial Science Program, Kelley Insurance Center, and PricewaterhouseCoopers will present "A Roundtable Discussion of Current Economic Conditions and Low Yields" on Oct. 29. The all-day event will feature area experts and include relevant conversation on the struggling economy.
The objective of the event is to understand the effect of low interest rates on insurance business and to provide general education on a variety of actuarial topics.
Sean Severe will give a presentation, "Federal Reserve's Current Economic Policy" in the morning. Attendees will also hear from Don Seibel, CFO of FBL Financial, during the lunch hour. The following industry leaders will participate in the afternoon roundtable discussion:
- Kevin Croft, vice president and portfolio manager, American Equity Group
- Scott Christensen, investment risk officer, Principal Life Insurance Company
- Chip Gillis, CEO, Athene Life Re Ltd.
- Richard de Haan, partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Adam Politzer, vice president of product management, Aviva USA
This event is free and open to the public. It will be held from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Olmsted Center. Lunch is provided. Please register online. If you have questions, contact Rahul Parsa at Rahul.firstname.lastname@example.org.