The Drake University School of Education and the Joan and Lyle Middleton Center for Children’s Rights at Drake Law School will host "Identifying Bullying: Educators' Legal Responsibilities," on Oct. 9. The multi-disciplinary panel will bring together experts to discuss teachers' and administrators' responsibilities in situations of bullying and harassment.
Panel speakers include:
- Jason Glass, director of the Iowa Department of Education
- Brent Pattison, assistant clinical professor of law and director of Drake's Lyle and Joan Middleton Center for Children's Rights
- Penny Bisignano, bullying prevention/intervention consultant for Iowa Safe and Supportive Schools Grant, Iowa Department of Education
- Mary Gannon, attorney for the Iowa School Board Association
- Sue Schirmer, license renewal coordinator for Heartland Area Education Agency and adjunct professor at the Drake University School of Education
The discussion will take place in the Reading Room in Cowles Library on the Drake campus from 7–9 p.m. The event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Reserve your spot by contacting Kelly Read at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-271-3726.