The Patty and Fred Turner Jazz Center graces the northwest corner of the Harmon Fine Arts Center.
Drake University's acclaimed jazz program will celebrate the completion
of the newly constructed Patty and Fred Turner Jazz Center, a
4,600-square-foot arts facility, with a free, public concert on Tuesday,
Drake Jazz Ensemble Two, under the direction of Associate Professor
of Saxophone and Jazz Studies James Romain, will perform the concert at 8
p.m. in Patty's Place, the Turner Center's performance venue. The
center is located in the Harmon Fine Arts Center, 25th Street and
Read more about the Patty and Fred Turner Jazz Center online.
The band will perform:
* "Jinrikisha," composed by Joe Henderson and arranged by Will Campbell
* "Brazil," composed by S. K. Russell and Ary Barroso and arranged by Phillip Mossman
* "Ko-Ko," composed by Duke Ellington
* "Tri-Bop," composed by Bill Liston
* "Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum," composed by Wayne Shorter and arranged by Mike Tomaro
* "Agua de Beber," composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim and arranged by Mossman
* "Summer Never Ends," composed by Bill Liston
* "Eye of the Hurricane," composed by Herbie Hancock and arranged by Bob Mintzer
For more information, contact the Music Department at 515-271-3975.