The outdoor event, which is open to the public, is presented by the Des Moines Metro Arts Alliance as part of its Jazz in July series. It will begin at 6 p.m. outside near Drake's Harmon Fine Arts Center, 25th Street and Carpenter Ave.
Ensemble musicians include:
- Dave Altemeier, teaching artist of jazz bass
- Andy Classen, Fred and Patty Turner professor of jazz studies and professor of trumpet
- John Kizilarmut, teaching artist of jazz drums
- Nick Leo, teaching artist of jazz piano
- James Romain, associate professor of saxophone and assistant director of jazz studies
This event is presented in conjunction with the Drake Business Association, the Drake Alumni Association, the Drake Neighborhood Association and the Drake Neighborhood Farmers' Market.