Members of the board serve on a variety of committees focused on programming, student relations, networking and fundraising for the University. They are nominated by the Alumni Association Board committee and serve a three-year term, meeting on Drake's campus three times per year.
The new board members are:
- Emily Abbas, JO'97, GR'09, of Des Moines, Iowa; director of internal communications at Aviva.
- Erica Aronsen Axiotis, GR'06, of Des Moines, Iowa; director of constituent relations for the Mercy Foundation.
- Elizabeth "Buffy" Higgins, AS'98, of Wheaton, Ill.; chief program officer for Chicago Youth Programs, Inc.
- Michael La Fauci, LA'80, of Scottsdale, Ariz.; principal technology consultant for the EMC Corporation.
- Fuzzy Marek, JO'99, of Oconomowoc, Wis.; chief executive officer of The Marek Group.
- Dennis R. Olden, LA'61, of Tampa, Fla.; president of Voluntary Employee Benefits Associates, Inc.
- Tammy Perkins, LA'81, of Phoenix; retired executive assistant to the city manager for the City of Phoenix.
- Tiffany Tauscheck, JO'01, of Urbandale, Iowa; vice president of marketing for the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Mary Walbridge, PH'74, of St. Louis; pharmacist at Schnucks Markets.
- Gary Zimmerman, LA'79, of Park Ridge, Ill.; chief underwriting counsel for Fidelity National Financial.
In addition, three members were elected to new officer positions. They are:
- Joe Aiello, BN'80, of St. Charles, Mis., will serve as president of the board. He serves as president of Bassik Services, Inc., in Earth City, Mis.
- Jeremy Glenn, BN'94, of Chicago, will serve as the board's vice president of alumni networks. Glenn serves as partner at Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP in Chicago.
- Jill Johnson, BN'82, GR'83, of Fridley, Minn., will serve on the board as secretary and vice president of alumni recognition. She is the president and founder of Johnson Consulting Services in Minneapolis, Minn.