Actuarial science alumni and Drake faculty, staff and students will gather for an evening celebrating Larry Zimpleman, chairman and CEO of Principal Financial Group, who will receive the inaugural Stuart Klugman Alumni Award. Klugman, who served as Professor of Actuarial Science from 1988 to 2009, will also be honored at the event.
Time: 5-7 p.m. with an award presentation at 6 p.m.
Speakers: Fred Larson, president of the Drake Actuarial Student Society; Dean Charles Edwards; Jim Noyce, major gift officer for Athletics; Larry Zimpleman
Location: Sheslow Auditorium, Old Main
Cost: Free with RSVP required
RSVP: Alumni Office, 515-271-3152 or email@example.com
FRIDAY, MAY 14 AND SATURDAY, MAY 15 – '50, '60 AND '70 REUNION
Drake alumni from the classes of 1940, 1950 and 1960 are invited back for a reunion and weekend of activities in Des Moines on May 14-15.
A schedule for the weekend is listed below:
Friday, May 14
- Golf Tee Off, Waveland Golf Course, 4908 University Ave. 10 a.m-1 p.m.
- Tours starting at the Downtown Mariott, 700 Grand Ave, 2-4 p.m.
- Hospitality reception at the Downtown Mariott-Concierge Lounge, 5-9 p.m.
Saturday, May 15
- Check in and Continental Breakfast in the Reading Room, Cowles Library, 9 a.m.
- Campus tour 10 a.m.
- Lunch in the Reading Room, Cowles Library, 11:30 a.m. Cost is $15 per person
- RaySociety Classes on Campus, 1 p.m.
- Cocktail Reception, Class Photos and 50 Year Club Dinner at the Wakonda Club, 3915 Fleur Drive, 6-9 p.m. Cost is $47 per person.
Sunday, May 16
- Continental Breakfast, the Bell Center, 8:30 a.m.
- Commencement and Gold Robe Ceremony, the Knapp Center, 10 a.m.
- Lunch Buffet, Hubbell Dining, 11:30 a.m. Cost is $9 per person.
For more information, contact Betty David at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the alumni Web site.
FRIDAY, JUNE 25 - SUNDAY, JUNE 27 -- Volunteers needed for Des Moines Arts Festival
The Central Iowa Drake Alumni Chapter is preparing to be a part of the 2010 Des Moines Arts Festival by working four beverage tents throughout the festival.
This year's festival will take place June 25-27 in the Western Gateway of Downtown Des Moines. Volunteers will be able to visit and network with alumni and festival-goers, help improve the art festival and support the Central Iowa Drake Alumni Chapter.
Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and are often filled quickly. The available shift times include:
- Friday, June 25: 1:30-5 p.m.; 4:30-8 p.m.; and 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 26: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.; 4:30-8 p.m.; 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 27: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; 1-5:30 p.m.
To sign up for a volunteer time slot, send an e-mail with your first, second and third time slot choices to John Brown at email@example.com.
MONDAY, JULY 12 -- WINDY CITY CLASSIC
SAVE THE DATE! For the Windy City Classic, Chicago. Call 515-271-3147 for more information or to RSVP.