Members of a Drake saxophone quartet perform last year at the Drake Honor's Recital.
CONTACT: Tory Olson, 515-271-1843, firstname.lastname@example.org
Drake's Royal Flush Saxophone Quartet and Jumpsuit Saxophone Quartet will both perform in a joint concert on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
The recital, which is free and open to the public, will start at 8 p.m. on Jordan Stage in Sheslow Auditorium in Old Main, 2507 University Ave.
The Royal Flush Saxophone Quartet will perform:
- "The Agincourt Song," arranged by Paul Harvey
- "Little Fugue in G Minor" by J.S. Bach and arranged by Ralph Martino
- "Introduction and Allegro" by Milan Kaderavek
- "Ulla in Africa" by Heiner Wiberny
The Royal Flush Saxophone Quartet, which is taught by Meghan Schumacker, teaching artist of saxophone at Drake, consists of:
- Kyle Glavanovits, soprano saxophone, a first-year music performance major from Bolingbrook, Ill.
- Cameron Bantz, alto saxophone, a first-year music business major from Norwalk, Iowa
- Ryan Fruechte, alto saxophone, a sophomore music education major from Farmington, Minn.
- Devin van Holsteijn, tenor saxophone, a first-year music and business management major from Spencer, Iowa
- Justin Hike, baritone saxophone, a first-year music education major from Runnells, Iowa
A brief intermission will follow the Royal Flush Quartet's portion of the program. The Jumpsuit Saxophone Quartet will then perform:
- "Italian Concerto, BWV 971" by J.S. Bach and arranged by Dave Camwell
- "Introduction et Variations sur une Ronde Populaire" by Gabriel Pierné
- "July" by Michael Torke
Associate Professor of Saxophone James Romain directs the Jumpsuit Saxophone Quartet. Its members are:
- Carliann Conner, soprano saxophone, a first-year music education and performance major from Urbandale, Iowa
- Becca Mataloni, alto saxophone, a first-year broadcast news and music major from Sibley, Iowa
- Matthew Winkler, tenor saxophone, a junior pharmacy major from Metamora, Ill.
- Stella Hart, baritone saxophone, a sophomore English and music major from Cedar Rapids, Iowa
For more information, contact the Music Department at 515-271-3975.