CONTACT: Lisa Lacher, 515-271-3119, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drake University National Alumni Association Board is calling for nominations for its annual Alumni Awards, which honor outstanding graduates for their achievements, service and lasting Drake pride.
Nominees who are selected to receive an award will be recognized over a series of events during the next Drake Relays and at the Drake Alumni Awards ceremony on April 22, 2010.
A Drake alumnus or alumna may be nominated for one of five awards:
- The Distinguished Service Award, the top honor bestowed upon alumni of Drake University, recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual in a career or profession and exemplary service to the community and University.
- The Young Alumni Achievement Award honors alumni, age 40 and younger, for outstanding achievement in a career or profession and reflects the pride of Drake University in these achievements.
- The Young Alumni Loyalty Award is presented to alumni age 40 and younger, recognizing dedicated service to Drake University and promoting service by all alumni to the University.
- The Alumni Achievement Award honors individuals for outstanding achievement in a career or profession and reflects the pride of Drake University in those achievements.
- The Alumni Loyalty Award is presented to Drake alumni to recognize dedicated service to Drake and promote service by all alumni to the University.
Nominations are due Tuesday, Dec. 1, and should include contact and career information for the nominee, along with service to the community and profession, service to Drake University, and the specific award for which the person is being nominated. Resumes, newspaper articles, letters of recommendation and other materials about the nominee are encouraged.
Contact information for the person making the nomination also is required.
Nomination forms are available online at http://www.drake.edu/alumni/alumniawards.php. Mail completed forms to:
Drake University – Office of Alumni and Parent Programs
Attn: Alumni Awards
2507 University Ave.
Des Moines, IA, 50311
For more information, contact the Drake alumni office at 515-271-2500, or toll-free at 800-44-DRAKE, x2500.
Wanted: Nominations for outstanding educators
Drake University's School of Education is accepting nominations for 2010 Outstanding Alumni Awards.
Awards will be presented at the 18th Annual School of Education Alumni Dinner on Tuesday, March 9, 2010.
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, Nov. 24. Nominations should include a letter of recommendation, resume, award category and contact information. Categories include: Teacher, Administrator, Counselor or Other.
The submissions should be directed to:
Tracy Bainter, Marketing Coordinator, Drake University, School of Education, 3206 University Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50311.