CONTACT: Tory Olson, 515-271-1834, email@example.com
Three Drake University alumni will participate in a panel discussion to share their experiences after Drake with students on Thursday, Oct. 8. The discussion is part of the College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Day.
The panel, which is free and open to Drake students, will be held from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in room 211 of Olin Hall, 1344 27th St.
The featured panelists, who serve on the college's National Advisory Council, are:
- Michael Gould, executive director of the Iowa Office of Economic Development, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 1988
- Patricia Aguglia, retired compliance programs manager for BP America, who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 1975 and a graduate degree in 1981
- Peter Lovell, staff project scientist for Howard R. Green Co., who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2002
The speakers will aim to help students answer questions such as:
- What happens after you cross the stage with diploma in hand?
- How do you get that first job?
- How does that first job propel you into a career?
- What can you do now to prepare to be resilient, adaptive and ready for whatever the future may bring?