to hear a variety of local music at Dogtown Fest, a free block party to
be held from 3-11 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Activities will take place primarily along University Avenue, which
will be closed between 23rd and 25th streets, where local vendors will
offer children’s games, art, food, drinks, a beer tent and Cruiser
Bike Rally. In addition, 24th Street will be closed south of University
to Best Place Ever, 1159 24th St.
Local bands will perform on the Main Stage and acoustic acts will
be on the Acoustic Stage inside Mars Café, both at 23rd Street and
University Ave. Scheduled performances include:
- 4:20 p.m. Main Stage: Finn Miles
- 5:30 p.m. Main Stage: Menlo
- 6:15 p.m. Acoustic Stage: James Biehn
- 6:30 p.m. Main Stage: Beati Paoli
- 7:30 p.m. Acoustic Stage: Seedlings
- 8:00 p.m. Main Stage: Maxilla Blue
- 9:00 p.m. Acoustic Stage: Curry & Red
- 9:30 p.m. Main Stage: Cashes Rivers
Dogtown Fest is sponsored by the Drake Area Business Association,
Drake Neighborhood Association, Drake University, Cityview, Doll
Distributing, Scion of Des Moines, Market Street Media Foundry and U.S.
Bank. For more information, visit http://www.dogtownfest.com.