Director of Marketing and Communications Brooke Benschoter, second from left, celebrates Drake's awards with Alumni and Development staff members Ashley Nichols, Jonathan Brendemuehl and Diane Caldbeck.
CONTACT: Lisa Lacher, 515-271-3119, email@example.com
Drake University's Marketing and Communications office won seven awards earlier this week at the District VI conference of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education in Kansas City, Mo.
Drake's award-winning projects garnered two Gold Awards for first place, four Silver Awards for second place and one Bronze Award for third place. Nearly 1,000 entries were entered in this year's competition.
Drake's Gold Awards were received for:
• Excellence in Advertising for Print Ad Series -- Rankings ad
• Innovative Use of Technology in an Alumni Web Site -- eBlue Alumni Newsletter
The Silver Awards recognized:
- Excellence in Alumni Special Events - Community Event -- Drake Day at the Iowa State Fair 2008
- Excellence in Graphic Design - Single Logo -- Green Initiative Logo: Blue is Green
- Excellence in Advertising for Print Ad -- 1,432 Reasons to be Proud of Drake Graduates
- Excellence in Advertising for Print Ad Series -- Everyone is Talking about Drake
The Bronze Award honored:
- Excellence in Photography for News/Editorial or Feature Photography -- Blue magazine cover fall 2008
CASE is a professional organization for those in alumni relations, communications and philanthropy. CASE District VI comprises eight states and nearly 200 institutions.