Drake University has announced parking restrictions due to numerous events being held on Drake's campus from May 14-18. These include the Boys and Girls High School State Track meet (May 15-17), as well as various Drake commencement ceremonies and alumni activities.
Click here to view a map showing the parking restrictions.
A detailed description of the parking restrictions follows:
Wednesday, May 14 - Sunday, May 18
- Lot 18 (southern portion), 28th Street and Forest Avenue -- Reserved for track meet food court
Thursday, May 15 - Saturday, May 17
- Lot 1, 25th Street, east of Harmon Fine Arts Center -- Converted to pay lot. (Drake permits honored at no charge)
- Lot 2, Northeast corner of 25th Street and Forest Avenue -- Reserved for bus parking for track meet
- Lot 3, adjacent to Knapp Center on east side, Thursday and Friday -- Converted to pay lot only
- Lot 4, Tennis Center, 26th Street and Clark Avenue -- West portion reserved for track meet
- Lot 4, Tennis Center, 26th and Clark streets -- East portion converted to pay lot only
- Lot 10, Southwest corner of 25th Street and Forest Avenue -- Converted to pay lot. (Drake permits honored at no charge)
- Lot 16, North end of Olmsted lot, Friday 5-9 p.m. -- Reserved for Alumni Awards Dinner
- Lot 17, Southwest corner 27th Street and Clark Avenue -- Reserved for Drake staff and track meet operations
- Lot 18 (upper level), 28th Street and Clark Avenue -- Reserved for track meet
- 27th Street, Forest Avenue to Clark Avenue -- Special city permit required for bus parking; also reserved for athlete drop-off for track meet
- Forest Avenue, 28th Street to 30th Street -- Special city permit for 45-minute parking zone only to accommodate students moving out of the residence halls
Saturday, May 17 only
- Lot 16, Olmsted lot, -- Reserved for authorized Drake vehicles only -- President's Luncheon, Honors Program Ceremony, Board of Trustees and other VIP parking
- Lot 5 and Lot 8, 26th Street and University Avenue -- Reserved for authorized Drake vehicles only -- Class of 1958 Reunion, Drake administration employee vehicles
- Lot 3, adjacent to the Drake Knapp Center on east side -- Reserved for Pharmacy Hooding and Law Commencement participants
All other campus parking lots are open parking with no Drake permit required. For more information, call Drake Campus Security at 515-271-2222.