WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26
- Constitutional Law Distinguished Lecture – "The South
African Constitution: The Recognition of Social and Economic Rights" by former
South African Constitutional Court Justice Richard J. Goldstone, 4 p.m., room
213 of Cartwright Hall.
SATURDAY, APRIL 5
- Constitutional Law Center 2008 Symposium, -- "The
Forgotten Constitutional Amendments," 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., room 213 of
Cartwright Hall. For full story click here.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9
- Martin Bucksbaum Distinguished Lecture – "Seven
Revolutions" by Erik Peterson, senior vice president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies,
7:30 p.m., Drake Knapp Center. More information is available online.
- "Let's DU Lunch" – Stephen King, executive
director Downtown Events Group, networking 11:30, lunch at noon, Polk County
Convention Complex, 501 Grand Ave., Des Moines, $15 per event or $36 for all
three. Reservations are requested to Dottie Johnson at 515-271-3848 or
TUESDAY, APRIL 22
- Intellectual Property Law Distinguished Copyright
Lecture by Ralph Oman, former Register of Copyrights of the United States, 4:30
p.m., room 201 of Cartwright Hall.
- The 99th Annual Drake Relays
SATURDAY, APRIL 26
- Cluster Reunion for Classes of 1977, 1978, and 1979, Embassy
Club, 801 Grand Ave (40th Floor), 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Cost is $35 per
person. To RSVP call or e-mail the Special Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-44-DRAKE, ext. 3147.