Scholarship recipients who attended the Alumnae Tea with Drake President David Maxwell, and the scholarship committee members.
The Drake Alumnae Association of Des Moines was established in 1920 to keep Drake alumnae and friends in touch with the University. Dues and member contributions support the scholarship fund. The scholarship committee awards $1,000 scholarships to current Drake students in their junior or senior years. Through the generosity of the members of the Alumnae Association this year they were able to award scholarships to eight very deserving students. The eight students were recognized at a the annual Alumnae Tea hosted by Mrs. Maxwell in her home on Sept. 11.
The eight recipients include:
- Billy Backer, a senior accounting/international relations major from Sioux City, Iowa
- Stacie Bendixen, a junior English writing major from Urbandale, Iowa
- Matthew Courtney, a junior economics and history major from Algona, Iowa
- Robina Cyriac, a P1 pharmacy student from Morton Grove, Illinois
- Jennifer Lose, a P2 pharmacy student from Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
- Nicole Werner, a junior sculpture major from St. Louis, Missouri
- Andy Drish, a senior marketing and psychology major from Richland, Iowa
- Andrew Swartz, a P1 pharmacy student from Superior, Wisconsin