SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
• Drake Law School alumni and friends are invited to gather for an exciting evening of dinner and entertainment with Latin jazz genius Nachito Herrera at the Dakota Jazz Club, 1010 Nicollet, Minneapolis. The cost is $25 per person. For more information, contact Jennifer Allamby at 515-271-1877 or Jennifer.email@example.com.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
• Drake Law School will host "How to be a Constitutional Lawyer" to celebrate Constitution Day from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in room 206, Cartwright Hall.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
• The Drake University Law School's Agricultural Law Center conference on "Rural Lands Rural Livelihoods: Using Land and Natural Resources to Revitalize Rural Iowa," begins at 8:30 a.m. in Olmsted Center and will conclude Friday at 4:30 p.m.
• "Rural Land Rural Livelihoods All Iowa Art Show" grand opening and reception, 5:30-7 p.m., in the Neal and Bea Smith Law Center.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
• Law School Board of Counselors Meeting, 8:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Cartwright Hall.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
• The Leland S. Forrest Society Annual Dinner, Downtown Marriott, limited to Leland S. Forrest Society members and their guests.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5
• The Drake University Law School will begin the 2007-08 Constitutional Law Lecture Series at 2 p.m., room 213, Cartwright Hall, with guest speaker Emma Jordan, professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center, with a lecture titled "Wealth and Inequality: Thinking about Communities and Individualism."