The Drake Alumni Office is seeking alumni worldwide to help organize the annual Bulldog Bashes in their cities. These parties, typically held at pubs and restaurants, are fun, informal ways for Bulldogs to gather and get to know fellow alumni in their area. Below is a list of Bashes scheduled to date.
Want to be a Drake party planner? It's simple to help organize a Bulldog Bash in your city (even one that isn't listed below). Contact Bulldog Bash Central at email@example.com or 800-44-DRAKE, x2769, and the staff in Alumni and Development will explain the easy process of choosing a date, time and venue. Planning a Bulldog Bash will help you connect with other Drake Bulldogs in your area and relive your fondest collegiate memories no matter how far you have traveled since your Drake days!
Scheduled 2007 Bulldog Bashes:
• Los Angeles: Saturday, April 21, 5 to 9 p.m., Muddy Moose Bar, Sportsmen's Lodge Restaurant & Special Events Center, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City. Contact Jeff Pielet, JO'76, 661-296-6614; Brian Harms, AS '89, 310-993-6443; Sean Gannon, AS'91, 310-313-3761; Laurie Woken Manny, BN'82, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• London: Saturday, May 12, 3 p.m., Café 2, located on the west end of the Tate Modern building on Level 2 overlooking the riverside. Contact Katie Ditton, JO’04; Robin Hamman, ED’95, email@example.com; Zach Nunn, AS’02, firstname.lastname@example.org; Adam Park, AS’91, email@example.com; Atle Willems, BN’95, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• San Francisco: Tuesday, May 15, 7 p.m., Landmark Opera Plaza Theatres, 601 Van Ness (Van Ness and Golden Gate). Enjoy a private viewing of a new release followed by drinks and discussion with film critic Terry Brejla, JO’69; cost $15. Or feel free to join the group just for drinks at Max’s Restaurant, 601 Van Ness, around 8:30 p.m. Contact Terry Brejla, 415-591-4034, Terry.Brejla@bm.com.
• Stamford, Conn.: Thursday, May 24, 5:30 p.m., The Players Club located in Sterling Farms Golf Club, 1349 Newfield Ave. Beer keg provided by host John Mayberry, JO’72, 203-359-5683, email@example.com.
• Des Moines: Saturday, June 2, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Wellman’s Pub patio, 2920 Ingersoll Ave. Contact Steffini Eisenbeis, AS’93, GR’01, 515-235-9187; Amanda Rinehart, JO’02, firstname.lastname@example.org; Susan Stocum, JO’92, email@example.com.
• Austin, Texas: Sunday, June 3, 2 p.m., Opal Divine’s, 3601 S. Congress. Happy hour specials all day. Contact Kara Winebright, AS’99, 512-659-4326, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tamara Harswick, AS’99, email@example.com.
• Indianapolis: Wednesday, June 6, 6 p.m., Bahama Breeze, 3815 E. 96th St. Contact Ron Snow, PH’80, 317-843-8307, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New York City: Thursday, June 7, 7 p.m., B-Bar, 40 E. 4th Street (between Lafayette and Bowery Streets), 212-475-2220. Contact Jennifer Andrlik, JO'03, 212-455-1346, email@example.com; Connie Kwok, BN'04, 414-247-3811, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tim Olson, BN'03, mailto:email@example.com.
• Louisville: Friday, June 8, 5 p.m., Brendan’s Irish Pub, 3921 Shelbyville Rd. Contact Mary Mayrose, AS'80, firstname.lastname@example.org; Jennifer Gregg, JO'90, email@example.com; Terry Grohe, BN'73, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Las Vegas: Sunday, June 10, 2 to 4 p.m., McMullan's Irish Pub, 4650 W. Tropicana Ave., Suite 111, 702-247-7000. Contact Jimmy Garst, BN'84, 702-444-4631, email@example.com; Amie Miner, AS'02, firstname.lastname@example.org; Larry Hurst, BN '97, mailto:email@example.com.
• Minneapolis/Twin Cities: Thursday, June 14, 5:30 p.m., Champps Downtown, 100 N. Sixth St., Minneapolis. Contact Rachel Brink Woodford, JO’99, 612-235-6082, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Boston: Saturday, June 16, 2 p.m., McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon (near Faneuil Hall), 148 State St. Contact Jodi Olsen, BN’02, 617-833-5636, email@example.com.
• Portland, Ore.: Tuesday, June 19, 6 p.m., Crush, 1400 S.E. Morrison St. Happy hour prices on food and drink all day. Contact Jennifer Bell, JO’93, 503-803-4128, firstname.lastname@example.org.